post #1 of 28

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

No lurkers tonight! Talk!!

27 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 28

I'm not working on anything tonight, as I delivered a four tier wedding cake already this afternoon. Got a couple of party cakes to knock out tomorrow for Sunday pickup.

Anybody got anything they need help figuring out? Normally a lot of good resources show up here.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:38am
post #3 of 28

OOOH OOH me, pick me, pick me!! I NEVER get to participate in Friday Nite Cake Club!

But I just finished 20 snowflake table cakes and a 2 tier that have to be delivered tomorrow...

with 9-12 inches of snow on the way....

and the venue won't let me in before 2pm. (the coordinator's being stubborn.)

Snow's supposed to begin at 9am, and a 40 minute drive ahead of us.

At least the design is appropriate!

Wish us luck!!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:49am
post #4 of 28

Good luck on delivering your cakes and please be careful. I haven't seen snow in over 20 years and that was only because my brother was very ill. I have live in Fl since 75 and really don't miss the snow.
I just got done yesterday making about 16 dozen cookies and will make a cake tomorrow and then start on some gumpaste flowers for a wedding in March.
evelyn

leah_s Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:50am
post #5 of 28

Luck!

Seriously, they won't let you in any earlier?

I have little respect for coordinators, EXCEPT for the ones who work for a venue. My convo would have included "With all the snow that's predicted, I need to be practical and get there early. Because WHEN I get stuck in the snow, or the roads become to hazardous for me to navigate safely I will value my life more than these cakes and turn around and go home. And you won't have any cake. Now, how early can I get into the venue?"

but ya gotta remember, I'm kinda mouthy.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:01am
post #6 of 28

I just love your posts! Happy Friday night to all. I have a wrestling cake to start tomorrow for Sunday for a friend of mine. I did one before and I just don't feel like I was able to be very creative.. girly stuff seems to lend itself more to my kind of creativity.. icon_smile.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:01am
post #7 of 28

Hi Jentreu,

Your cakes sound so cute. I see you live in Greenleaf, I live in Wisconsin Rapids, WI and we too are waiting for the snow to arrive tomorrow. The amount expected kept increasing throughout the day depending which station you were watching or listening to. Good luck with your delivery tomorrow. I am now listening to the 10 pm weather and they said it's on our door step and 10-15 inches in LaCrosse!!!!

I usually "lurk" as I have not done any cakes lately. Tonight I was looking thru Christmas and snowman cakes as I want to do a cake for Christmas when my grandchildren come. Just don't know what to make - anyone have any ideas?

Cakegrandma - that's a lot of cookies....16 dozen. What kind did you make? You certainly are one busy grandma with the cake and the gumpaste flowers on the horizon.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:05am
post #8 of 28

I'm up and I'm working. I have a 3-tier Little Mermaid cake for a friend's daughter due tomorrow that has been a headache from the beginning.

It's been one of those "every little thing that can go wrong" sort of projects. I've just felt off my game all week. Baking errors yesterday--had to rebake a batch of cakes.

I now have the cake stacked & ready for all the seashells, etc. Sometime before noon tomorrow I need to do a batch of cupcakes to go with it. Oven is ready but I don't know if I will bake now or in the AM. DH is finally home & cranky.

Kristy

leah_s Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:08am
post #9 of 28

mmm . . . warm weather.

It was 48 here today (heat wave.) Snow is coming in here also, but nothing like what you're getting up north.

PS keep as much of the cold white flaky stuff as possible.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:09am
post #10 of 28

I have nothing tonight although 2 cakes were picked up this afternoon and 2 for tomorrow morning..Good weekend though..Lots of party cakes and cakepops..Man those things are time consuming icon_mad.gif ....oh yah and just received an email for a basketball cake for next weekend.Have a sick little boy..flu..and my daughter goes in for surgery monday for her tonsils and adnoids so busy here...

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:20am
post #11 of 28

Yeah, this was the venue coordinator. They have an event in the am, so she won't have the oom turned over until 2ish. This is a huge facility so I suggested we set all the cakes somewhere until she's ready, but she was very kindly stubborn and told me she wasn't touching the cakes. Dude, they're table cakes, while I can see her point, we're talking a foot of snow! But she didn't seem to care, so we're arriving at noon and sitting there until 2 so we'll be a little safer hopefully. Whatever, the cakes are awesome looking, I just hope they stay that way until we arrive!

tiawanna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiawanna02 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:45am
post #12 of 28

@Jentreu....Your cakes are gorgeous...you charge way below what you should icon_eek.gif

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:48am
post #13 of 28

Our local volunteer fire department is having their Christmas party tomorrow night and I am donating a cake. I just finished the gumpaste pieces for it. The cakes are baked and the icing is made. I am stopping for the evening and will finish the cake tomorrow morning.
I am just relaxing for a few now before heading to bed!

jentreu...be safe tomorrow!

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:59am
post #14 of 28

working on a birthday cake for a lil boys 33d birthday

tiawanna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiawanna02 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:06am
post #15 of 28

do anyone know if you can use the cricut cake cartridges with the regular cricut machine?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:14am
post #16 of 28

Sent 220 salt dough gingerbread men out the door this afternoon along with 80 greek letter cookies. Finished an 8 inch round and 12 cupcakes then tried to Christmas and grocery shop. I ran out of time so I have to go back out again tomorrow. That really stinks because we've got rain and snow coming Sunday and the weathermen are acting like it's the end of the world, so I know everyone and all their relatives will be out shopping tomorrow.

At the moment, I'm resting my brain as it is tired of doing approximately 16 college papers per week. One more week and then perhaps I can really get Christmas going in my house. I haven't baked or wrapped a thing yet.

FYI: I bought a huge snowflake cookie cutter last week. Last night I used it as a fondant cutter. It worked perfectly as a top decor for the 8 inch round. It fit almost to the edges of the top. It's an intricate cutter so it's lovely and easy to do.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:19am
post #17 of 28

I'm done now but delivered the biggest cake I've ever made tonight. It was for a friend's son's wedding. I posted about it here...

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7015625-.html#7015625

...and was so thrilled with all the support I got from my fellow ccers!

jentreu, drive safely tomorrow! Cheatize, that's a lot of cookies! Everyone have a good night!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:37am
post #18 of 28

I did the salt dough over three weeks since they're not meant to be edible. The only bad part was having them on every surface in the place for three weeks with Christmas on the way. The others I did in batches and kept the finished ones frozen after I bagged and sealed them. Otherwise, I would be one cranky baking momma. LOL

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:08am
post #19 of 28

I have only 1 cake for tonight... Its a treasure chest... I'm just waiting right now for the woodgrain to dry before I put on another coat. I love the way it looks with a few coats of "paint". I think it gives real dimension. other than that, I don't have another cake booked until next year! Yay ! I am ready for things to slow down a bit!

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:34am
post #20 of 28

I just got in from visiting/delivering a surprise cake for a friend. Her husband is in the service and asked me to do a cake for his wife....it was 1.5 hour drive. Total surprise mission.

A bit tired and sad that i didn't get cake!!!

The cake was/is Looney Tunes Pussyfoot on a pillow with a graduation cap.

Happy Caking everyone

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:38am
post #21 of 28

Hi all!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:42am
post #22 of 28

I got my alien dog head done! I'm happy with it. I did find a killer almond custard filling receipe! My dh won't stop eating it,.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:59am
post #23 of 28

Hi everyone! My cakes were done early in the week this week...both due on Monday night and now in my albums. Other than that just an order of spice cake cupcakes. I am finally getting to a spot where business is slowing down a bit and am enjoying the break. I have two more cakes till the end of the year so the down time is being well appreciated!

BTW....to the caker who was inquiring..yup, you can use the cricut cake cartidges in the regular cricut and vice versa.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Cat

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:16am
post #24 of 28

So it after 11pm here on the left coast. The Ariel cake is done. Here's a look if you are interested. I'm mostly happy with it, especially since I've struggled all week with this cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1889466.html

Cupcakes are baked & cooling. I think I will box them up & frost in the AM. Choco shell toppers for the cuppies are done.

Wish I could box up the heat we are having here in SoCal and send it off to our snowbound friends. It's hard to believe it is almost Christmas with weather in the 70s & 80s.

Kristy

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:23am
post #25 of 28

Baking for my puppy's 1st birthday princess.gif !!! I'm so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif I'm baking a regular cake for the people and tomorrow I'll bake the cake for the dogs invited to the party. birthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gif

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:40am
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiawanna02

@Jentreu....Your cakes are gorgeous...you charge way below what you should icon_eek.gif

Totally agree on that, I checked out your website and could not believe how underpriced your menu is. I love your idea of offering the "base cake" flavors and the cosumers can pick a mix-in to customize it.....and that is why you need to not sell yourself short! you do excellent work and offer custom- charge for it!

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:49am
post #27 of 28

Oh and also, (forgot the point of the forum topic for a sec.) I'm not working on anything tonight. I had two cakes picked up in the afternoon...a baby shower and a christmas theme b-day...tonight I'm just going to rest and get caught up this weekend on neglected laundry, sigh....I did take this whole last week off of work and made 18 gingerbread houses this week, it was so much work but so much fun icon_smile.gif

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:47pm
post #28 of 28

heya guys! late i know, but was sooo tired last night! i had a toys for tots donation today, made small cake and a dozen cupcakes, just finished delivering. no pics my phone is broken!!!! ( i know need to get a camera!) anyway, my daughter is sick, so now taking care of her. nothing else this wkend, just working on ornament cupcakes and baking for christmas! hoping to get my phone fixed today, its at the tmobile store now. u guys be safe in all that snow!!! its just cold here, no snow tho. have a great wkend!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%