caked4life Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 1:55am
post #1 of 5

does anyone have a recipe?

TIA

4 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:15am
post #2 of 5

i dont have one off hand, but in the hoemmade gifts Company's Coming book, they have quite a few!

pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:28am
post #3 of 5

i do it mostly by eye. i start with 1 bottle of vodka (or alcohol of your choice), then add my flavoring. i've done lemon, orange, grapefruit, and even cocoa nibs (for a chocolate liquor). i add about 15 lemons to 1 bottle of vodka. zest it into the vodka. let it sit for a week, then add some simple syrup. i add more than i think it needs, because you'll add another bottle of vodka before the whole process is over. after you adjust the flavor, let it rest another week. add another bottle of vodka and let rest one more week. do a final taste test and see if it needs more sugar. then just strain it and bottle it back up.

i've also done this the "quick" way. use 2 bottles of flavored vodka, add some citrus zest, simple syrup, and let it rest for 4 days. strain and adjust the sweetness. then just bottle it up.

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:33am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrygirls

i do it mostly by eye. i start with 1 bottle of vodka (or alcohol of your choice), then add my flavoring. i've done lemon, orange, grapefruit, and even cocoa nibs (for a chocolate liquor). i add about 15 lemons to 1 bottle of vodka. zest it into the vodka. let it sit for a week, then add some simple syrup. i add more than i think it needs, because you'll add another bottle of vodka before the whole process is over. after you adjust the flavor, let it rest another week. add another bottle of vodka and let rest one more week. do a final taste test and see if it needs more sugar. then just strain it and bottle it back up.

i've also done this the "quick" way. use 2 bottles of flavored vodka, add some citrus zest, simple syrup, and let it rest for 4 days. strain and adjust the sweetness. then just bottle it up.

Thank you so much!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:15am
post #5 of 5

I make the Bailey's Irish Cream ever year...and yes the recipe is in the Company's Coming Gifts for the Home by Jean Pare...if your in Canada you will know this series of cookbook...

Awesome recipes and easy too!! There is also a Grand Marnier too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%