Help!!!!pleated Fondant Sash On Buttercream Cake

Decorating By cakelady2266 Updated 11 Dec 2010 , 3:50am by cakelady2266

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 1:38am
post #1 of 3

My bride told me today that she wants to put a pleated fondant sash on her buttercream iced cake. Her wedding is TOMORROW, help. This sash was originally suppose to be made (not by me) from fabric to match the bridesmaids dresses. Her inspiration for this sash is Chef Janusz Zrodlowski of Elegant Bakery cake in Cake Central's August issue.

I'm sure there are some instructions or tips on this somewhere in here but I am too busy having a nervous breakdown to look for it. Did I mention that I have 3 weddings and a sheet cake for 100 tomorrow? So if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this sash thingy and put it on a buttercream cake please let me know.

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:58am
post #2 of 3

It's probably going to have to rest at the base of the tier just because of weight. You can either pleat a long wide strip and apply it just like a ribbon, or apply strip after strip to give a pleated look.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:50am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for the help. My buttercream is pretty forgiving but I know I need to get it right the first time or I will be re-icing. I wondered if it could pleat it and let it rest around a styrofoam dummy to let it firm up a little or is that a bad idea? I dread starting it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%