Retirement/thank You Cake Ideas

Decorating By Mamatoboys Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 2:32am by Kimmers971

Mamatoboys Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a cake for the former president of our home-owners assoc of my neighborhood. He has been the president for 20 yrs and has decided he's getting to old to do the job anymore. The other neighbors wanted me to make this more of a "thank you" cake. I searched the galleries for "thank you" cakes and nothing came up. Does anyone have any ideas? If all else fails, I'll just make a simple masculine cake that says "Thank You" on it.

2 replies
cakesrock Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 1:12am
post #2 of 3

If I was doing a retirement cake, it would focus on who the person is and what they may be doing in retirement. I had a colleague that loved shoes, travel and golf and I built those into the cake. If you can't find out what he loves, then I would focus on what he did. You could do a sheet cake and put a big "Thank you" <whatever his name is> in the middle of the cake, then have little fondant houses all around the border of the cake (maybe with hands coming out of the big house or big eyes watching, indicating he's the keeper/watching out for all the little houses (use a mini cookie cutter to do the houses) That's what I would do.
OR
Do a 3D house! Sounds like fun! Please post pic after.

Kimmers971 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 2:32am
post #3 of 3

I did a "You'll Bee Missed" theme for a co-workers retirement - it's in my pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%