Buying Square Cake Pans...advice Please :)

Decorating By leafO Updated 10 Dec 2010 , 3:14pm by leah_s

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:26am
post #1 of 9

I am planning on buying a set of square cake pans. Amazon has a deal right now that when you buy 3 the 4th one is free. I was thinking of buying either magic line or fat daddio, I have heard very good things about both.

Opinions? Has anyone used both? Which should I get? thanks icon_smile.gif

8 replies
BluntlySpeakingKarma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:37am
post #2 of 9

The only two words in square cake consideration conversation that you need to pay any attention to:

Magic. Line. Magic Line.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:41am
post #3 of 9

Magic Line - I Love them!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:51am
post #4 of 9

Howdy. I'm a hobby baker and really agonized over whether to get Magic Line (the absolute best because they have sharp corners, but you PAY a LOT), or Fat Daddios. I ended up getting Fat Daddio's because I could purchase sets for $80 that contain: Square 2 inch deep EVEN Sizes Pan Set by Fat Daddio's: includes 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, 12x12, 14x14 and 16x16 inch cake pans. I bought them from sugar craft . com

I like to have 2 of each size cake pan to reduce baking time, so for me it was a cost decision. If I'd ordered Magic Line I would have paid more for fewer pans. I ordered my first set about 5 months ago, and just received my 2nd set. I'm very happy with the pans. The Fat Daddio's don't have a knife edge corner, but that's ok with me.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 9

Magic Line

Kimmaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmaf Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 9

I love my Fat Daddio pans!

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 9

If I could turn back the clock 3 years to when I started buying pans, I would order nothing BUT Majic Line pans. They are a dream to use.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 9

Try ebay for either Magic line or Fat Daddio. Just make sure you know the normal price so you don't over bid.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9

Magic Line. Forget all other brands when it comes to cake pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%