Hope This Works? Help

Decorating By chasenboomsmom Updated 10 Dec 2010 , 6:30pm by chasenboomsmom

chasenboomsmom Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:13am
post #1 of 4

ok, so i am making playing cards and i used fondant..they are fairly thin about an eighth on an inch...i have 2 days for them to harden...are they going to be ok? will they be hard enough without cracking??? please help me with any tips

3 replies
leah_s Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 6:56am
post #2 of 4

Did you add tylose/CMC?

Corrie76 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 8:46am
post #3 of 4

do they need to be upright? They should be fine if they are just laying down. if they don't harden up, think about changing the design up a little.

chasenboomsmom Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

i did not add anything to them, i keep flipping them over to dry front and back..they are fairly hard right now and yes i am going to have them upright...the bottom most card on each "hand" i made the thickest and then each card following went thinner and thinner so i think when they are spread out it will structurally thick enough to stand up...they are turning out quite nicely...the tiers are covered in fondant and i plan on sticking them into the cake to stand up, would this be ok or would the moisture from the cake ruin the hardness of the playing cards??? any suggestions, should i try to toothpick them in instead maybe?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%