Justfrosting's Puppy Cake Tutorial Question

Decorating By RosieC Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 10:39am by RosieC

RosieC Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:19am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used justfrosting's puppy cake tutorial making the puppy from two six inch pans...The tutorial calls for two nine inch cakes but I want mine to be much smaller...am wondering if the six inch pans may make things all too unproportioned or something. Any ideas...anyone tried it? I did make one following these instructions using the nine inch pans and it was really cute but much too big for what I need now. Thanks for any advice.

7 replies
nancyg Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:35am
post #2 of 8

Can't answer your question...But, where can I see the Puppy cake tutorial?

nancyg Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:32am
post #4 of 8

Icer 101...
Thank you for the link to the tutorial!!

Ursula40 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:42am
post #5 of 8

As long as you keep the cake sizes proportionate, instead of 9 inch you use 6 inch, you should be ok. you could make it bigger by using 2 12 inch as well. Just keep to the way she cuts and fills the cakes. Perhaps a little less icing and don't bake the cakes too tall or trim them to keep it in proportion. Eyeball it, but I think, it should be ok

RosieC Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 11:41am
post #6 of 8

Thanks Ursula...will do that. Was worried it may come out really short and squatty or something but maybe I can like you said not bake the layers so high...can always trim down I guess.

caked4life Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:

Great link...Thanks!

RosieC Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 10:39am
post #8 of 8

I am happy to report the six inch pans worked great for the puppy. I just trimmed it down a bit more so it wouldn't be so fat in the body area. It turned out really cute. I will post pics soon. I can't wait to try a tiny one. They are so cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%