King Arthur Products?

Decorating By Maria925 Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 7:21pm by luvcake

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:32am
post #1 of 7

I just received their catalog today and am intrigued, but I don't know anything about their products or reputation. Does anyone use or recommend them? I'm especially interested in the line of extracts and oils they carry. Also that "mysterious" product called "cake enhancer". What is that? Has anyone used it and liked it?

TIA icon_smile.gif

6 replies
fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:58am
post #2 of 7

I've used a few of their products, although none of them that you've mentioned. Shipping was fast and the products I've tried have been good. I bought their pressed sugar lights for a cake, their maple bites (which I haven't used yet) and their cinnamon chips (which I love).

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 10:50am
post #3 of 7

I haven't used any of their caking products; however, I use their flours exclusively to bake my bread. I have had nothing but outstanding results for my breads and rolls. The flour produces a fine crumb, light and fluffy bread, even using the whole wheat flour. I also love the fact that their white flour is unbleached, which is more wholesome. Based on this, I believe that King Arthur products are of the highest quality. I wouldn't hesitate one second purchasing any of their products. HTH

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 7

I definitely recommend them! I use KA flour exclusively and have bought several products through their store.

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 7

Pricey, but really high quality. Haven't used the cake enhancer though I've looked at it a couple times.

Great company-- Employee-owned.

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 7

I love King Arthur! Their products are really high quality and they often carry stuff that can be otherwise difficult to find. Also, they have excellent customer service; they're one of the very few online website that I've seen where a customer service representative will comment on a bad review of a product, saying "contact us and we'll try to make it right."

Their cookbooks are good, too- I love the Cookie Companion! I'm not a King Arthur representative, I swear...I just really love their stuff! thumbs_up.gif

luvcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcake Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7

Ive used KA flour, it was wonderful. I also made brownies from the recipe on the side of the flour bag. Best brownies I ever had!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%