Terrible Frosting!

Decorating By BethanyNichelle Updated 10 Dec 2010 , 6:16pm by debbief

BethanyNichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethanyNichelle Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:22am
post #1 of 2

I was just finishing up on a pumpkin chocolate chip cake when all hell broke loose. I had just taken the cake out of the oven. ( It was a dome cake). I was going to make some frosting from scratch, but I didnt know how so I asked my aunt. She said that I should just eyeball how much powered sugar and how much other stuff should go in. I was a little freaked out but I tried it anyway. I wanted the cake to look like a pumplin so I dyed the frosting orange, and a little part green. I didnt have any pastry bafs and no sandwich bags so I took a hamburger bun bag. ( ya I know- stupid). I put the orange frosting on the cake, and of course the cake was still hot. But It was really late and I wanted to get to bed and not wait for the cake to cool. But it had already started to run down the cake. I was trying to hurry and get it in the fridge so I put the little bit og green in the hamburger bag and cut a hole on one of the corners. The corner turned out to be alot bigger than I thought. It was way to big to make a noce leaf out of, but I didn't really pay that much attention. I put the leaf on and it looked like crap. But I put it in the fridge over night hoping it would ferm up. When I got up the next morning, all the frosting was at the bottom of the cake so I hurried to get it back on the cake. I was going to bring the cake to school for one of my classes. For a project I am doing on baking. When I got it there my teacher saw that I had a cake and he wanted to take a pic of it. I really didnt want him seeing it but I had to let him. When I took the cover off I could see that he was trying not to laugh, I was so freakn' embarassed. But it made it till last period when I had that class. Everyone in the class didnt care cause it was a cake but the leafe part of the frosting had like hardend flat in the cake, as hard as a rock. I hope I can someday live this down. icon_redface.gif

1 reply
debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 2

I feel for you. But just think, you found this site and trust me, you will only get better from here. You are going to be amazed at how much you will learn by reading the threads on these boards. Whenever you feel like branching out and trying a new technique, just search these threads. If you cant find it, ask. I can almost guarantee, youll find your answer, instructions, pics, tutorialsall that helpful stuff! Good luck and have fun!

Did that just sound like an advertisement or what icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%