...and Here I Go...wish Me Luck!

Decorating By Elcee Updated 11 Dec 2010 , 1:59pm by Kiddiekakes

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:20am
post #1 of 22

I'm about to start building the biggest cake I've ever done. The gumaste flowers are made (8 white asiatic lilies; very happy with them). I've taken tomorrow off work. The baking is done; 5 tiers (14, 12, 10, 8, 6), 3 layers each (I can't torte to save my life, my next goal). The frosting and filling are made; a 2.5 gallon ziploc bag each of Very Vanilla BC and Raspberry BC + that much of BC mixed with raspberry puree for the filling. I have my SPS. I'm taking a deep breath...and reminding myself that EVERY time I make an important cake there is a point where I have a meltdown and think it's going to be a disaster but it turns out OK. Plan is to get all 5 tiers trimmed, filled, crumbcoated tonight.

thumbs_up.gif Hope my cake angels are out and about!

21 replies
mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:35am
post #2 of 22

Good Luck, it sounds as if you have everything planned out and under control. You'll do great thumbs_up.gif I'll let you borrow my cake angel.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 22

good luck. (get an agbay for the torting, makes it so easy)

iwantcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantcookies Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:36am
post #4 of 22

u sound very organised and on top of things!! best of luck!!

lilbitacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilbitacake Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:37am
post #5 of 22

thumbs_up.gif GOOD LUCK

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:39am
post #6 of 22

Good Luck - can't wait to see the pictures!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:43am
post #7 of 22

Good luck! You will do great!!! All of your cake angels are rooting for you!!! (US on CC) thumbs_up.gif

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:01am
post #8 of 22

Sounds like you have it under control, it will turn out great.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #9 of 22

good luck . you wlll do great. i can tell reading your post. lot of work, but so rewarding.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:08am
post #10 of 22

Funny that you mentioned "meltdown" during a big cake order, I have them even for small cakes! I checked out your cakes and they look awesome, you'll be fine! thumbs_up.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:22am
post #11 of 22

Your cakes are lovely, and you are soooo up for this challenge! Sending cake angels your way... thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:18am
post #12 of 22

You'll nail it!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Elcee Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:38am
post #13 of 22

Thank you so much for all the kind words, compliments and encouragement! I just finished trimming and filling. It took WAY longer than I thought it would...3 hours! I'm a little concerned about the height of some of my tiers but I'll figure it out. I'm taking a short break and then I'll clean up and hopefully get at least 1 layer of my crumbcoat before I go to bed tonight.

I thought I had added a pic of the flowers to my original post but it didn't work, I guess. I just loaded one into my gallery.

Thanks again, my cake friends, you're the best!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:57am
post #14 of 22

You will be SO proud when it is done! Your lilies are beautiful. Can't wait to see a pic of the cake in the venue. Best wishes!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 5:05am
post #15 of 22

Good luck, your cakes look so beautiful and neat, can't wait to see the wedding cake picture! icon_smile.gif

Elcee Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:19pm
post #16 of 22

Thanks again! Finished 1 layer of crumbcoat around 11:00 last night...hit the sack...back at it bright and early this morning. I'll keep you "posted". icon_lol.gif

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:55pm
post #17 of 22

Best of luck - sounds like your organization will help to keep you calm! Your lilies are gorgeous, can't wait to see the finished cake!

cakesmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmart Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:35pm
post #18 of 22

Sounds like you are well on your way...best of luck to you!

Elcee Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:07am
post #19 of 22

Oh. My. God. Most stressful day ever! I can't tell you all how much your support meant to me. At one point I really didn't think I was going to make it. I literally could not transport this cake on my own. My poor DH, who is the best cake assistant EVER, walked in the door at 4:45 to me about to have a meltdown. He changed, helped me load up and deliver and even helped decorate once we finally got there (late icon_redface.gif). There was an accident en route and we had to take a longer detour so we didn't get there until 5:30 (had planned to be there at 4:30) I had to decorate at the church; finished at 6:45, the wedding was at 7:00. End result...I love it! icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif We stayed for the ceremony but not the reception. The bride hadn't seen it yet when we left but we eavesdropped on the guests and they were wowed. One was overheard saying "how'd they get a cake boss cake?"

Here's a link the pic, it's far from perfect but after how hard my day was, I'm a little ecstatic with how it came out.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1889392

Thanks again for helping me through the day! thumbs_up.gif

Cindsters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindsters Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:51am
post #20 of 22

Your cake turned out great! Very pretty. Congratulations!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 1:26pm
post #21 of 22

Very Nice!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 1:59pm
post #22 of 22

Beautiful cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%