The Cake Gods Don't Like Me Today....(A Little Whine/vent)

Decorating By KJ62798 Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 10:07pm by mom2twogrlz

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 3

I'm not sure where my brain is but it hasn't been in the kitchen w/me today.

1. The chocolate WASC cake was done & on the cooling racks when I realized that I never put in the oil from the recipe. The regular WASC recipe doesn't use oil so I wasn't completely paniced but I'm wondering if that is why it didn't rise up as fluffy as usual. Taste-tested it when I leveled off the tops. It is super moist & yummy so I guess I dodged a bullet.

2. Started a batch of WASC. Sifting the white box mix and it seemed to have a lot more of the dry crunchy bits than typical. Thankfully, they got sifted out. Cakes were in the oven when I opened the fridge & realized that I never put in the SOUR CREAM. Not sure what those cakes would be like so I pulled out the pans, dumped them and started over. Thanks God that I keep extra supplies on hand.

Those cakes are baking now but I'm feeling behind schedule for getting everything filled/settled/crumb coated by tonight. Still need to make the candy seashells for the cake AND finish laundry AND deal w/kids & homework.

*sigh*
Kristy

2 replies
amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 3

Awww..sorry you are having a bad day. I have done that been there. Those kind of days are the ones you just have to push thru. It will come together..even i you have to stay up a little late. Good Luck!!! icon_wink.gif

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 3

I just had one of those days a few weeks ago. I hope the evening turns around for you and you get them crumb coated tonight. If not, well, there is always tomorrow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%