Color Name For Heart Shape Cake,please!

Decorating By soledad Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 8:42pm by sadsmile

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone! Once again I need your help, please! I need to know how do I get the red color that is on today's robbemorka picture posting. It is a heartshape wedding cake, with the color shade I need for my next project which will be for this Saturday. Please, Thank you in advance!!
I do not know how to attach pictures or links in the forum, icon_cry.gif would like to learn how to do that also. Thank you.
Ciao

8 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 9

i tried to google "robbemorka" and got nothing so i can't help you since I can't find the picture.

To post a link to the picture open it up in a new internet explorer and highlight and copy the web address in the bar. (ctrl+c to copy)

Then paste it into your post on CC.

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 9

I think this is the one - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1888035.html

Beautiful cake.

leily Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by deah

I think this is the one - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1888035.html

Beautiful cake.

I didn't even think to look for a member on CC! I guess i was confused by the "today's robbemorka picture posting" i was thinking it was on a blog or something LOL.

Thanks.

As for the color, i would suggest Americolor Super Red. The gel paste is more concetrated in color than wilton and doesn't have a taste.

Are you trying to color pre-made fondant? are you making your own? are you coloring buttercream?

Actually really the easiest way to get that is to order it pre colored in Satin Ice or Fondarific, but dont' know if you have that much time.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 9

I would buy it!
Other wise you need a LOT of good red food dye.
someone has recently posted about making fondant (mmf or mff I can't remember) with red candy melts, with great success.
xx

leily Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 9

if you make your own fondant you can add the red coloring to the liquids before adding any sugar. It takes a lot less color and you don't have to knead in all that color, it's already there!

soledad Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you for reply! I do have americolor super red, but that color seems darker, how can I get it to that shade? icon_confused.gif The cake will be using MMF, I do have some pre color red satin ice. I am starting to make de decorations now (syringe, stethoscope,nurse cap, bottle pills and pills, gauze roll with her name on it, and the little spit pan, I do not know the name for it).
Thank you again! icon_smile.gif
CIAO

soledad Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 9

Leily, Thank you, for the instructions to post links! icon_biggrin.gif the following is the link of the cake I want to make for my friend, as you can see it is the same color as robbermoka's cake http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarsiren/4258891204/ .
CIAO

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:42pm
post #9 of 9

Americolor has a red as well as the super red. I would suggest the regular red. I agree with you that the super red comes out very dark f you put too much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%