Quilting Fondant

Decorating By KS421 Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 2:01pm by JenniferMI

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 9

I would really like to get the quilting effect on a cake I am making for this weekend. I finally decided (with the resources I have) to use a 45 degree triangle to get the straight lines. Now I am just wondering when to do the quiliting. Is it done right after putting on the fondant or should I wait until the fondant hardens up a bit? Or maybe it doesn't matter and I am worrying too much! I am using MMF.

Thank you for any help.
Kristen

8 replies
jacques Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacques Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 9

any texturing needs to be done as soon as the fondant is applied for the cake ie before the fondant skins over (which is normally about 20 minutes)

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much!!!!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 9

If you are using fondarific brand, you can wait because it doesn't harden, but for any other fondant, it has to be done immediately.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 1:39am
post #5 of 9

Kristen -

I know this won't help for this cake, but the three diamond quilter is awesome. I use it ALL the time. Check out my cakes and any with quilting, I've used it.

LOVE IT!!! With my semi-homemade white chocolate fondant, I've gone back and quilted after one hour with no problems.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

inda2681 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inda2681 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 9

hi jennyfer may i know where do you get the diamond quilter from?

JenniferMI Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 9

Please PM me India.

Thanks -

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:26am
post #8 of 9

A diamond impression and then roll over it with the stitching tool. What is this semi-homemade white chocolate fondant?? Sounds good..

JenniferMI Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 9

Hi Ginger -

The semi-homemade fondant is really easy to whip up. The main ingredients are Pettinice and Mercken's super white choc. (candy melts). I developed the recipe and love it. Others do, too. If you would like to know more, please PM me.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%