Quilting Fondant

Decorating By KS421 Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 2:01pm by JenniferMI

KS421 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 9

I would really like to get the quilting effect on a cake I am making for this weekend. I finally decided (with the resources I have) to use a 45 degree triangle to get the straight lines. Now I am just wondering when to do the quiliting. Is it done right after putting on the fondant or should I wait until the fondant hardens up a bit? Or maybe it doesn't matter and I am worrying too much! I am using MMF.

Thank you for any help.

8 replies
jacques Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 9

any texturing needs to be done as soon as the fondant is applied for the cake ie before the fondant skins over (which is normally about 20 minutes)

KS421 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much!!!!

tracycakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 9

If you are using fondarific brand, you can wait because it doesn't harden, but for any other fondant, it has to be done immediately.

JenniferMI Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 1:39am
post #5 of 9

Kristen -

I know this won't help for this cake, but the three diamond quilter is awesome. I use it ALL the time. Check out my cakes and any with quilting, I've used it.

LOVE IT!!! With my semi-homemade white chocolate fondant, I've gone back and quilted after one hour with no problems.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

inda2681 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 9

hi jennyfer may i know where do you get the diamond quilter from?

JenniferMI Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 9

Please PM me India.

Thanks -

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

ginger6361 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:26am
post #8 of 9

A diamond impression and then roll over it with the stitching tool. What is this semi-homemade white chocolate fondant?? Sounds good..

JenniferMI Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 9

Hi Ginger -

The semi-homemade fondant is really easy to whip up. The main ingredients are Pettinice and Mercken's super white choc. (candy melts). I developed the recipe and love it. Others do, too. If you would like to know more, please PM me.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%