Large Fbct?

Decorating By LaurenK Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 12:05pm by pattycakesnj

LaurenK Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 10:31am
post #1 of 3

Hi All,
I am making a large (to feed 200) slab cake and need to put a company logo on it. The logo will be approx 30 x 60cm. I have never made a FBCT before and am just wondering how fragile they are? I am worried that by it being too big it will break.
Wishing I had an edible image printer right now!!
Any tips or advice would be great, thanks,
L icon_smile.gif

2 replies
bakingatthebeach Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:00am
post #2 of 3

my Harley Davidson logo is a FBCT (I too dont have a printer). After I was done doing all the colors I coated the back with white buttercream and froze again. It melts quickly with the warmth of your hand (I work vinyl gloves so it wouldnt do it as quickly) so you have to work fast after pulling it out of the freezer. The wax paper will stick too if you wait too long. But its really not that hard. If you have to push it down a little onto the cake, do it very carefully because they will crack if you push too hard. HTH!!

pattycakesnj Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 3

If you want to get an edible image, many supermarkets, ice cream pallors that sell cakes, etc will do it for you. However, they won't do a copyrighted image so make sure you have a letter from the company with you giving you permission to do the logo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%