Transporting Cake Pops

Decorating By annabanana183 Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 7:38am by ginaq79

annabanana183  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annabanana183 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:14am
post #1 of 14

How do you guys transport cake pops, I have to make 40 Santas with hats so I can't put them down in a box, any ideas or tip would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

13 replies
 Sorelle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:27am
post #2 of 14

Styrofoam would work, the 2 inch thickness, so you could push them in deep enough to handle the road.

annabanana183 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 10:20am
post #3 of 14

thx Sorelle icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:57am
post #4 of 14

I use the metal round cupcake stands that I have. The stick goes thru the bottom (which is all open due to the metal scrolls) and the pop sits in the actual cupcake holder. It makes a nice presentation and is very secure, no chance of them tipping over. I even use the cupcake stand for the cake balls without the sticks. I just sit the ball in a cupcake liner, then right into the holder. HTH

grandmaruth  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 14

I have used styrofoam or lined a plastic container with paper towel and layered the cake pops in the container....transfering thm to the display of choice when you get there...

Kiddiekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 14

I have layed them down in a tissue filled box also..I made frosty and his hat was fine...

anoldhippy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 14

How about egg cartons? Also, how long will these last do you think.

mom2twogrlz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 14

I transport mine with the stick poked into styrofoam and haven't had a problem yet. That is usually how I present them too. Of course the styrofoam is wrapped in coordinating wrapping paper or contact paper.

annabanana183 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 14

thx everyone, I used stryfoam too and drove very very slowly icon_biggrin.gif

ginaq79  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginaq79 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 14

Glad the styrofoam worked for you. As for me, i was a lil sketchy on using it because i was afraid that after a while, the hole might get bigger and it will lose its ability to hold it steady... so i went a lil further and made a stand out of wood. Just drilled in the holes and put foil around the wood and some decorative holiday ribbon around it (kinda candy cane style). Came out great and i dont have to worry about the holes getting bigger!

mom2twogrlz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 12:29am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq79

Glad the styrofoam worked for you. As for me, i was a lil sketchy on using it because i was afraid that after a while, the hole might get bigger and it will lose its ability to hold it steady... so i went a lil further and made a stand out of wood. Just drilled in the holes and put foil around the wood and some decorative holiday ribbon around it (kinda candy cane style). Came out great and i dont have to worry about the holes getting bigger!

I am thinking I will have my husband make me one out of wood, since I am getting a bunch requests lately.

Laura78  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura78 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 12:53am
post #12 of 14

I used styrofoam covered in wrapping paper and it worked great. They traveled an hour away with no problems.

lilscakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 1:37am
post #13 of 14

my husband built me a board with drilled holes in it just the right size for the pop stick. Made it on 2" centers and my board can hold 3 dozen. You can see the board in my photos (cake pop photo). It works great for making and transporting pops.

ginaq79  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginaq79 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:38am
post #14 of 14

Yeah, wood is nice and heavy so no worries of toppling over =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%