Transporting Cake Pops

Decorating By annabanana183 Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 7:38am by ginaq79

annabanana183 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:14am
post #1 of 14

How do you guys transport cake pops, I have to make 40 Santas with hats so I can't put them down in a box, any ideas or tip would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

13 replies
Sorelle Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:27am
post #2 of 14

Styrofoam would work, the 2 inch thickness, so you could push them in deep enough to handle the road.

annabanana183 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 10:20am
post #3 of 14

thx Sorelle icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:57am
post #4 of 14

I use the metal round cupcake stands that I have. The stick goes thru the bottom (which is all open due to the metal scrolls) and the pop sits in the actual cupcake holder. It makes a nice presentation and is very secure, no chance of them tipping over. I even use the cupcake stand for the cake balls without the sticks. I just sit the ball in a cupcake liner, then right into the holder. HTH

grandmaruth Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 14

I have used styrofoam or lined a plastic container with paper towel and layered the cake pops in the container....transfering thm to the display of choice when you get there...

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 14

I have layed them down in a tissue filled box also..I made frosty and his hat was fine...

anoldhippy Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 14

How about egg cartons? Also, how long will these last do you think.

mom2twogrlz Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 14

I transport mine with the stick poked into styrofoam and haven't had a problem yet. That is usually how I present them too. Of course the styrofoam is wrapped in coordinating wrapping paper or contact paper.

annabanana183 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 14

thx everyone, I used stryfoam too and drove very very slowly icon_biggrin.gif

ginaq79 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 14

Glad the styrofoam worked for you. As for me, i was a lil sketchy on using it because i was afraid that after a while, the hole might get bigger and it will lose its ability to hold it steady... so i went a lil further and made a stand out of wood. Just drilled in the holes and put foil around the wood and some decorative holiday ribbon around it (kinda candy cane style). Came out great and i dont have to worry about the holes getting bigger!

mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 12:29am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq79

Glad the styrofoam worked for you. As for me, i was a lil sketchy on using it because i was afraid that after a while, the hole might get bigger and it will lose its ability to hold it steady... so i went a lil further and made a stand out of wood. Just drilled in the holes and put foil around the wood and some decorative holiday ribbon around it (kinda candy cane style). Came out great and i dont have to worry about the holes getting bigger!

I am thinking I will have my husband make me one out of wood, since I am getting a bunch requests lately.

Laura78 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 12:53am
post #12 of 14

I used styrofoam covered in wrapping paper and it worked great. They traveled an hour away with no problems.

lilscakes Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 1:37am
post #13 of 14

my husband built me a board with drilled holes in it just the right size for the pop stick. Made it on 2" centers and my board can hold 3 dozen. You can see the board in my photos (cake pop photo). It works great for making and transporting pops.

ginaq79 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:38am
post #14 of 14

Yeah, wood is nice and heavy so no worries of toppling over =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%