Fondant On Woman Torso

Decorating By shalsays Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 5:35pm by shalsays

shalsays Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 4:36am
post #1 of 4

I'm planning on making a woman's torso and "girls" lol for my boyfriend's birthday. I don't have tons of time to make the cake so I'm going to buy pre-made fondant. Does anyone know about how much fondant they used to cover the whole cake? I plan on using a 11x15 and the sports ball pans.

3 replies
Cakeartist5523 Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1431170.html

Not sure if that will work, but it is a pic of torso and boobs I did, same size as yours I believe and I colored almost 2 lbs of fondant, nude, red and brown and had a little bit left over, but not much waste. Hope that helps!!!

There are great recipes for homemade fondant on here, try them you will no longer buy it, I always make sure I have what I need here in case of emergancy and if you wrap it tightly it will last for months!!

Hope this helps....

Texas_Rose Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 4

When I've done torso cakes, they were a bit smaller than that. I used two batches of MMF, so I guess that would be six pounds of fondant, and I had some left over. I always cover my boards in fondant, so if you're not doing that then you don't need as much.

shalsays Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 4

Okay, thanks this really helps! icon_biggrin.gif
I actually might make some like early this week and just save it for Friday. I don't know why I didn't think of that icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%