I Know I Am A Dork...but I Made It To The "most Saved T

Decorating By julesh268 Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 11:10pm by teatime423

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:13am
post #1 of 19

What little things can thrill me! Only one person saved my cake (a lion cake), but I am still tickeled pink to be in the most saved today group. Those cakes always totally amaze me! icon_biggrin.gif Most importantly, my ds loved his cake and that means more than anything in the end.

18 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:30am
post #2 of 19

Welcome to the club!! That happened to me about a year ago I think. I was so happy! I was telling everyone! Until then I think the most saves I had gotten before was 12, and then I posted the blue daisy cake in my pics and like 124 people saved it. I just couldn't believe it. Totally made my week!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:35am
post #3 of 19

I totally understand! It happened to me on Monday! Congratulations!!!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:39am
post #4 of 19

it is so thrilling- congrats & bask in your well deserved glory icon_wink.gif

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:43am
post #5 of 19

Congrats!!!!Your cake was awesome. It happened to me about a month ago and I was so happy. Enjoy the spotlight.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:58am
post #6 of 19

We all love to hear good things about our cakes...not a dork at all..........keep up the great work icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 3:32am
post #7 of 19

I felt the same way when one of my cakes made it there.

Welcome to Dork's Anonymous! LOL!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 3:35am
post #8 of 19

not a dork! In fact, I have to admit that I received my first compliment on one of my pics today, and was thrilled about that.!! Now that is dorky!! icon_razz.gif
I am new to this website, so it was pretty cool to have somebody acknowledge one of my cakes.
Congratulations! You deserve it!! thumbs_up.gificon_rolleyes.gif

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 3:47am
post #9 of 19

I think it's great that you're so excited about that. I made it as the most saved cake about a year ago with my coca cola bear cupcakes and then last week I made it to the top 5 or so with my candle cake. I was thrilled both times. The cakes on this site are increadible and it was such an honor both times! Most of what I do I am self taught and I know I still have a long way to go. I practice various techniques but not the same technique over and over so there are usually many flaws. I was telling everyone, too!

Great job and congratulations!

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:14pm
post #10 of 19

I envy you!!! LOL Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:35pm
post #11 of 19

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the responses. Some of your cakes that you mentioned I remember! It was a really good feeling and I will be smiling about it for a couple of days...or at least until my next cake disaster!

LePetitCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LePetitCakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:55pm
post #12 of 19

No, you are most definitely not a dork. I totally get the excitement!

Congrats icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm
post #13 of 19

Nah, your a cake groupie like the rest of us! The first time I got on there I did the same thing! When I got asked to be in American Cake Decorating Magazine and CC Magazine I bawled like a big baby!! When I went to a cake show I was in awe of the cakes and saw the famous bakers and got all giddy like a little girl. I think if I had an autograph book I probably would of went up to them like Goofy and said "Gash! Can you sign my autograph book," (with a goofy laugh, dont know how to type that out!!) So if your a dork call me Super Dork!!! lol

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:30pm
post #14 of 19

Ha ha since I am just a hobbyist... I was beyond giddy with excitement to get "most saved" and to the very first spot on the home page and my DH was just as excited for me, lol... A total thrill. So I am a proud member of "Dorks Anonymous"

weirkd Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:10pm
post #15 of 19

Ok, I gotta a new dork thing that made me happy today. I was googling Confetti Cakes to get Elisa Strauss's email and I clicked on a link. This one to be exact:
http://www.plowhearth.com/Set-of-3-Flingshot-Flying-Monkeys_p12082_S2009_D3077_C4006.html
And what did I see on the top row of the links??? MY CAKE!!! OMG! Its my pink cake that I did that was like one that Elisa did on her site and posted on here. So ultra super dork moment!!! I get all giddy over a link!!! Big SD on my forehead!!!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:30pm
post #16 of 19

Congratulations! Im jealous icon_cry.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:54pm
post #17 of 19

Congratulations! I know how you feel. It happened to me about a year ago with my rainbow butterfly cake and I didn't even know about it. I had no access to a computer for a couple of weeks and it wasn't till after the fact that a cc friend mentioned it to me. So my "moment of glory" was long past. It certainly felt good, belatedly.
And no one needs to feel like a dork. It is wonderful to have your hard work recognized by your peers.

teatime423 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teatime423 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:10pm
post #19 of 19

i know the feeling icon_smile.gif i love when I see my cake up there icon_biggrin.gif
Congratulations!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%