Working W/ A Venue: Cake Package

Business By ShopGrl1128 Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 7:12pm by ShopGrl1128

ShopGrl1128 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 5

Hello Friends:
I've been contacted by a new wedding venue in my town, they love my cakes and they would like to incorporate my cakes in their package.
I offered to have three or four designs for the couple to choose from and one last 'custom' option.

My questions are: does any of you have this type of business with a venue? how many and what type of designs you offer? do you let the venue keep certain amount of profit on the cakes?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:21am
post #2 of 5

I work with one venue that offers cakes in one of their packages. They send the client directly to me, and the venue pays me a flat price per serving for the number of guests that will actually be at the event. I send the venue the bill and they pay me directly.

I don't know if offering a fixed number of cake designs will be popular with brides...They tend to want to design their own cakes.

cakegirl1973 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 5

I think it would be important that your contract specify who your client is--the venue or the couple, IMHO. I think this could be confusing, if there were any problems, so you would want to be clear n your contract.

tootie0809 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 5

I work with a couple venues. Sometimes they order for the client and do all the design plans and just fax me an order form, and sometimes a client wants to meet with me so they can do a tasting and talk with me directly about design. Either way, it works for me. I have an agreement with both venues for a 10% commission to them. I invoice the venue and they pay me directly.

ShopGrl1128 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your replies.
I spoke with the wedding coordinator and we agreed they will send me the brides directly; I like that much better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%