I Feel So Stupid . . . I Must've Been Gone Forever!

Decorating By mom2rascals Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 1:19am by KathysCC

mom2rascals Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 4:55am
post #1 of 12

Could someone please enlighten me and tell me what a "smash cake" is?? Its been a while since I've browsed this site, but I didn't think I was gone for so long that I wouldn't know what the heck was going on now a days icon_smile.gif
Thanks in advance

11 replies
mbark Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 12

haha, that's the separate little baby cake for a small child to "smash"

Sunshine0063 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:14am
post #3 of 12

usually for a first birthday, for the baby to smash and get all over the face for cute pics.

mom2rascals Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:16am
post #4 of 12

so I guess I could stop looking for smash cakes in the recipe section, huh . . . icon_redface.gif

(I honestly thought SMASH was an acronym for some really awesome cake recipe like WASC)

mbark Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:18am
post #5 of 12

LOL, too funny!

mom2twogrlz Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:31am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rascals

so I guess I could stop looking for smash cakes in the recipe section, huh . . . icon_redface.gif

(I honestly thought SMASH was an acronym for some really awesome cake recipe like WASC)

That is really cute!!!

pattycakesnj Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 11:01am
post #7 of 12

I offer a free smash cake with every 1st birthday cake ordered. Parents really love that they are getting something for nothing. It is a great idea so that little johnny can stick his hands all over the smash cake for photo ops without touching the cake everyone else will eat.

Ambar2 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 11:26am
post #8 of 12

awwe, dont feel bad I too just found out what that was a few weeks back...and I too was looking for a "smash cake" recipe!!!!LOL you are not alone.HEHEHEHE everyone has their duhh moments

lapazlady Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 11:52am
post #9 of 12

Too funny, welcome back.

Relznik Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 11:53am
post #10 of 12

This is such a cute idea...

... it's not something that's done in the UK.

mom2rascals Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:03am
post #11 of 12

I always wondered about the health issues of a sick child blowing out the candle (sometimes those blows are a little wet). I'm a germ-a-phobe myself. I like the idea of having a separate cake for the child to destroy at their leisure, but there sure is a lot more work involved in decorating a second cake.

Relznik, I LOVE your signature line!

KathysCC Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:19am
post #12 of 12

It must be something that is specific to certain regions.

Where I live, everyone has a smash cake for a first birthday. I don't understand why we think a one-year-old must "play" in their cake, kind of gross actually, but we do it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%