Best Icing For Sugar Cookies??

Baking By momdalejr Updated 8 Dec 2010 , 6:10pm by rharris524

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:48am
post #1 of 11

What would you suggest for the icing on sugar cookies??? RI.. buttercream or ???? thank you !

10 replies
gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:23am
post #2 of 11

I always use CK royal icing mix. I find it is much stronger than homemade royal.

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:26am
post #3 of 11

There is a cookie forum that you could find lots of info on...but personally I like glace and use the recipe recommended on http://cookiecrazie.blogspot.com/ although I tried rolled buttercream the other day and it was easy and looked very nice.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:32am
post #4 of 11

Best cookie icing....Antonia74 royal icing located in recipe section...Best ever!!

fondantgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgirl Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:48am
post #5 of 11

I decorate all my cookies with a thin layer of Satin Ice fondant! Everyone seems to really like it!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:43pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Best cookie icing....Antonia74 royal icing located in recipe section...Best ever!!

Anotonia74's recipe all the way!! I get rave reviews on it. I have done fondant before, but don't care for the flavor with cookies, but i do love the looks of it.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 11

I recently tried the RI buttercream and, although it did crust over, it didn't dry hard enough for me - (I have pics of the christmas cookies in my photos). I'm going to go back to Antonia74 royal icing because it dries so clean and smooth and it tastes good as well.

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 11

thank you all for the replies... I will try Antonia74 royal icing...I wanted to try something different that would set up but not real hard to bite into... thanks again..

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris524

There is a cookie forum that you could find lots of info on...but personally I like glace and use the recipe recommended on http://cookiecrazie.blogspot.com/ although I tried rolled buttercream the other day and it was easy and looked very nice.

For all the years, I was a member here I have always heard rave reviews of Antonia's74 recipe, but never tried it. But I did try the recipe on cookie crazieblogspot.com, and got rave reviews about it. it's a glace.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:06pm
post #10 of 11

Cant find the recipe on Cookiecrazie website???

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 6:10pm
post #11 of 11

http://cookiecrazie.blogspot.com/

her recipes are under FAQ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%