Creasing In Fondant/gum Paste Mix

Decorating By PeggyH Updated 8 Dec 2010 , 12:49am by PeggyH

PeggyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeggyH Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 7

I am trying to make some decorations for a cake I am doing for this weekend and my fondant/gum paste mixture has all these creases in it and it's driving me crazy...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?? icon_cry.gif

6 replies
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:17am
post #2 of 7

It sounds like the fondant/gumpaste mixture might be to dry. Is is creasing while you making the decorations or after they are made and drying?

PeggyH Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:31am
post #3 of 7

It is creasing while i am working with it and the creases are there when I'm done. I use TONS of crisco and I thought that may be the problem but I tried using less and it didn't seem to effect anything just made the mixture stickier. The creases are from working the mixture and then folding it in on itself, I guess that's how I would explain it. If I roll something into a ball I can find the edge and pretty much unroll it once I'm done. I've made my decorations but I'm not very happy with them and it's only because of the creasing.

Karen421 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:36am
post #4 of 7

What are you making? Can you roll it out flat, but thick then form your decorations?

PeggyH Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 7

I am making a snow man, so no I don't think it's something I can roll.

I'm not sure how to make a post with a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Karen421 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:44am
post #6 of 7

Rolling it in a ball is still showing the creases. I have had that happen, but I was able to get them out by keep rolling it round and round. I am sorry - I wish I could help more!

PeggyH Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

Thank you...I will try that if I decide to redo it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%