Military/patriotic Christmas Cake....help Please

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 8 Dec 2010 , 11:01pm by Loucinda

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 6

I am doing a cake for a group that supports our local military men and women (and their families) It is for their Christmas party. I would like for it to be a tiered cake, it will be about 150 servings. I am having a hard time coming up with something that will be appropriate...they have given me free rein, what ever I would like to do. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Jan. Still working on a design...not feeling good sure doesn't help the creative stuff. icon_sad.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 6

Can you do a giant tiered Christmas tree (3D) and decorate it with all patriotic things? Flags...red/white/blue lights....a patriotic looking star on top....maybe a flag draped garland...gold stars....stuff like that? You could even get a small battery light and light up the topper (star, whatever)....especially if made of clear sugar.....

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks ladies, I am leaning towards the tree idea. I downloaded all the logos from all the different branches of the armed services, I appreciate the help! If it works out - I will post pics! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%