I Had A Great Trip, It Was The Icing On My Cake!

Decorating By HobbyCaker Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm by LadypinkertonB

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 2

I just got back from my trip to Florida, which is my home state. I had asked here on CC if there were any Cake stores in the Orlando area and Echoo3 pointed me to D & G Ocassions in Orlando. WOW what a great place! I had introduced myself to the friendly staff when I enetered and told them they came highly recommended, while there I heard them tell another customer that there was another caker from Minnesota there shopping, so I peeked around the corner to see who it was they were talking to, and low and behold, it was our MN ICES very own Peggy Tucker, she was there with the lady who I believe invinted the Isomalt sticks and was promoting them with her. I enjoyed talking with them and the owners of D & G and hearing about all the wonderful classes at the MN ICES DOS this coming spring. I can't wait! While there I got to see one of the actual cakes that Edna (tonedna) had in the CC magazine up close and personal, also my sister surprised me with a night at the Gaylord Palms there in Orlando for of all things the ICE and SNOW shows, ha! In a display were cakes from Party Flavors (also associated with Edna) Like I said, the trip to see my family was fabulous, but meeting Peggy and seeing Edna's cakes was the "Icing on my cake". Just had to share!

1 reply
LadypinkertonB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadypinkertonB Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 2

Oooohhh know exactly what you mean we just got back from the most amazin holiday in Florida and after some suggestions on the CC site had to make a small detour to D&Gs - what a lovely place and amazingly friendly & helpful staff! Picked up some lovely bargains and they even gave me a card and told me they can also ship to the uk! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%