Mail A Cake!

Decorating By alishajune Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 5:21am by Apti

alishajune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alishajune Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 4:56am
post #1 of 2

i want to mail a moderately big cake. i was wanting to make a gingerbread house cake, with an 8"x8" cake base, then put gingerbread panels on it and finish it as a gingerbread house. planning on base board to be 16" square. does anyone have experience with mailing cakes? looking for suggestions and advice.

thanks!

1 reply
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 5:21am
post #2 of 2

I haven't personally mailed a cake. However, I've seen several posts that say mailing cake is about $70-$95 because you have to send it overnight and wrap it like crazy. I would not suggest it. If you google Gingerbread Houses (GB) on Amazon you will see lots and lots of bad reviews because they got their GB kit and the pieces were broken. These are professionally baked and wrapped, and they STILL get broken.

A alternative would be to bake GB cookies, decorate with royal icing, then wrap each cookie in bubble wrap and pack tightly in a box, then place that box inside another box with styrofoam bubbles. There are threads on CC which address mailing cookies. Just go to the search box and type: mailing AND cookies.

Good luck and welcome to CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%