Next Great Baker? Really

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 5:12am by playingwithsugar

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 10:41pm
post #271 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustymuffin

I have a family in Austin and a Game developement Job at Sony. My wife takes care of my 2 young kids and does not work. It's hard to say as that was not waht happend.

Did you work on DC Universe online?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 10:59pm
post #272 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Brian, I'm going to try to tell you how good that cake is you have posted, even though I barely skimmed over it. But that's just my point, I can't stand scary/grotesque/creepy stuff, and this is so spot on that I can't look at it, but tried and did catch some details that blew me away. But it's just too much for me to look at.....lol I hope you see my huge compliment in there.

What she said icon_biggrin.gif

But multiplied congratulations to you CrustyMuff--You were awesome.

Man, car cakes are really hard--yours was the best--so remember that nugget too.

Corinna (forgive me for probably spellling that wrong)--I'm still reeling from her violent words earlier in the show--too inappropriate for me. And her design would have been much more effective if it had been the front half of the car and not the butt end.

Buddy got it right about Jay that it was the choke of the century! That really sucked for him.

Thanks for talking with all of us and multiplied congratulations once again for a job so well done, Cake Buddy!

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 11:41pm
post #273 of 289
Quote:
Quote:

yes

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:17pm
post #274 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustymuffin

Quote:
Quote:

yes

The art looks fantastic! If you were part of that, I think you did a great job!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:44pm
post #275 of 289

That Gollum cake is incredible.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:30pm
post #276 of 289

So was the WOW cake! My son would love a cake like that for his birthday!!

Crustymuffin Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:23pm
post #277 of 289

Thank you everyone! This is only the beginning. Trust me!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 4:21am
post #278 of 289

Brian - good luck in all your future ventures, you are definately a talented cake artist! icon_smile.gif

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 3:33am
post #279 of 289

corina, was sad to see you go!! thought u had it for sure! congrats to dana

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 3:39am
post #280 of 289

Brian, wow, it really didn't seem the same with you not there.
Dana, congratulations, you did a great job. and Megan, you were very gracious in defeat.

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 3:49am
post #281 of 289

And I owe an apology to Buddy's sister Mary - judging from last week's I thought she was going to be snarky to the contestants and she turned out to be incredibly supportive. Fooled by manipulative ads, once again!

Congratulations to both Dana and Megan - that was a very close contest!

Karen421 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 3:53am
post #282 of 289

Sorry, Corina would have liked to see you win! Congratulations Dana!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 4:51am
post #283 of 289

Corina, when you were told you had the least number of tickets and turned to walk away, I think that is the first time I saw your heart. I felt like I could really see your disappointment, in yourself, because you knew that even though being dead tired, you had the realization you should have stayed in the shop selling. And you knew it came down to you; no excuses, no blame, just raw emotion. I would have liked to have been able to see your cake for the mayor.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:58pm
post #284 of 289

So, the ending is not what I thought it would be, but I am happy with the results. Dana seems to be a down to Earth guy and I wish him luck in the future! Corina - I hated to see you go!!! Megan - best of luck in your future.

And I agree it was weird without Brian and Jay there.

visionsofprisms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visionsofprisms Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 5:36pm
post #285 of 289

Corina i felt so bad for you last night. Ugh my heart sank. For oncetlc showed you as a human and i think thats wonderful. Until now they have portrayed you as tis hainess bi***. I think your cake wouldhave been top if given the chance to make it.

Brian, so not the same without you. But as you somewhat say its on to bigger and better things for you.

Dana congrats, your cake was great, and you got mammas heart that i think helped you alot.

Megan, best of luck back in texas... Hope you and brian are far enough away from each other not to get in the others way.

But, here is what I did not get really. I understand time was limited. But i think i would have held off on backing my cakes for the client until i knew what the client wanted. Did anyone else notice this? I think megan got lucky by choosing a chocolate cake. What if the clieng wanted something crazy like schnazberry cake or something... Sorry too much charlie and the chocolate factory for me.

Crustymuffin Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 11:29pm
post #286 of 289

Thank you everyone. I am glad it is over. Cornina will be happy too. She really is a great person. I hope this thread made the show a little better for some of you. It's been fun icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Karen421 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 4:01am
post #287 of 289

Thank you Brian!! I don't think I would have stuck with the show, if you hadn't been on it. Good luck in your future ~ maybe we will see you on Fabulous Cakes!!!

Crustymuffin Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 5:08pm
post #288 of 289
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you Brian!! I don't think I would have stuck with the show, if you hadn't been on it. Good luck in your future ~ maybe we will see you on Fabulous Cakes!!!

Now that's someting I'm down for!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:12am
post #289 of 289

OK, I was in the hospital for a few days, so I couldn't chime in until now. Here goes -

Thank You, Dana!

I won 100 bucks betting on you!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%