Strawberry Filling

Decorating By barb419 Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 11:22pm by Ambar2

barb419 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 2

I have to make a cake for Wednesday, and I need a strawberry filling in it, just a basic 8" round fondant covered with zebra stripes. I have never used a filling before, besides butter cream. How early can I fill the cake? Can I fill it tonight and cover with fondant tomorrow night, or do I need to fill tomorrow night so the cake don't get soggy? Is there a good strawberry filling that won't soggy a cake? Sorry for the questions, like I said I have never used a filling before. Thanks for the info.

1 reply
Ambar2 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 2

i found this in the hershey's site. HTH!

STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FILLING: Rinse, hull and slice fresh strawberries to equal 1 cup. Puree strawberries with 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup until liquid in food processor or blender. Sprinkle 1 envelope unflavored gelatin over mixture. Let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes; puree again for several seconds.

Pour into medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute, until mixture is hot, not boiling, and gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Beat 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream until stiff; fold in strawberry mixture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%