Alcohol In Cookies?

Baking By Ambar2 Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 2:23pm by Ambar2

Ambar2 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone....does alcohol have any effect on the leavening agents of baked products?
I would like to make some Adult cookies for christmas by adding alcohol to the dough, maybe it would be one of those trial and error type of things?...

4 replies
sewsugarqueen Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 5

I don't think alcohol in a cookie dough will give the flavour. It bakes out. I have tried it with cakes and they end up tasting sort of coconut oil ( which I hate) I would try putting a tablespoon or two of the alcohol in the frosting. Use a flavoring similar to add to cookie dough. It will keep the taste.... just warn people what is in it. ( some people won't touch alcohol for religious or taken the pledge not to mention medecine interaction).

Kitcake Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 5

I do it all the time and it's delicious!!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 5

Yeah--I make some linzer sandwich cookies and I fill them with tea jelly made with Southen Comfort.

I'm thinking about making them for Christmas but I might just be content to think about it. icon_biggrin.gif

That's the basic tea jelly recipe--then I just substituted in some Southern Comfort for part of the water--and brew the tea in the difference (the water only). Even though it says you can sub any juice I tried this with orange juice and it didn't set up. I think it needs lemon juice to activate the pectin but I'm not positive but I'm playing it safe this time.

Then the cookies are

cream together:

2/3 c sugar
1 cup butta

add the following to the above mixture and combine very well:

zest of a lemon
1/2 t cinnamon, salt
2 large egg yolks

add the following to the above mixture and mix just until combined

1 cup toasted & ground pecans
2 c ap flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

Roll into two logs & chill.
Cut 1/4 inch thick
12-14 mins 350 oven

Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar--Heat jelly to fill cookies--if you make a real linzer with a little cut out--after filling, pipe some jelly in the cut out to fill it.

These are killer. Merry Christmas, Cake Buddies

Ambar2 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 5

ooo yummy, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%