Pasta Rolling Machine For Fondant?

Decorating By CakelynsFinest Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 5:46pm by ddaigle

CakelynsFinest Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking to purchase a pasta rolling machine to roll out fondant. Wanted to know which is best and thoughts on a roller. Should I buy the attachment for the kitchen aid or is a separate one better?

8 replies
2chae Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 9

I prefer a seperate one because I can take it with me when my friends and I get together to play!

ddaigle Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 9

I have one for my KA. LOVE IT!!! Got it from Boscov.com for 59.99. http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?itemNumber=39342

NanaSandy Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 9

I was wondering the same thing about the KA attachment? Wondering if it would be wide enough to make it worth your money??

ddaigle Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 9

The KA attachment is only about 6" wide...so it is only good for accents. Still...to me, not having to hand crank a roller is a plus for me. If with the few accents I do, it is worth it to me.

CakelynsFinest Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks! So how wide are the separate ones? So is it difficult to roll out while the attachment is on the mixer? I dont know if that makes sense!

ddaigle Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 9

I think the separate ones are narrow too. They were designed for lasagna. On my KA attachment, I have to roll it out first a little. Even at the widest setting, you can't just put in a thick piece of fondant. I usually pass it through 2 times.

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 9

Yes, the separate ones are narrow too. These are pasta machines, not fondant sheeters.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/specialty-appliances/atlas-150-chrome-pasta-maker/s679456

I like to keep things separate, though. If your machine breaks, you still have a pasta roller. Sometimes people have problems with attachments too breaking your mixer. They could also be noisy...and you can't take them with you!

ddaigle Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 9

I meant to say that my KA is also separate. I put it on and off as needed. I was thinking "separate" as the table top ones that are hand cranked. Didn't mean to confuse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%