Foil Baking Cups - Help!

Baking By Tink1016 Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 3:02am by rharris524

Tink1016 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 6

I feel like an idiot asking this.... but here goes....

So I have never used the foil baking cups before. I bought a package of the Reynolds Foil baking cups and there is a plain white baking cup in each one. Does this mean I need to bake in teh white cup and then put it into the foil after they are done being baked? Can I just bake them right in the foil cup?

Help please! I need to get these bad boys in the oven pronto!

5 replies
Brenda41 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 6

You can bake directly in the foil cup. I think that the white paper liners are used to separate each foil cup from the other. Keep the white liners because you can use them to bake more cupcakes. I don't waste anything.

Ellie1985 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 6

I bake with the white AND foil cup together.

Tink1016 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your help!

I am going to put them in just the foil cup and see how it goes.

indydebi Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie1985

I bake with the white AND foil cup together.

Me too. I think the white paper makes it easier to peel the paper from the cupcake and the foil cup helps hold the shape.

In the ones I bought, the package even says you don't need a cupcake pan. Just put them in a regular cake pan and the foil liner will hold the shape.

These foil cups are so strong that I even use them for candle holders!

Click my "flickr" link in my signature to see my cupcake candle holder!! (photo wouldnt' upload here)

rharris524 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 6

I bake them directly in the foil liner. I also sometimes hang onto the white ones for when I bake for family and friends

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%