Why Not Make It A Foursome...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 6:01pm by diamonds-and-rust

caked4life Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 3:40am
post #1 of 14

In the last week, I've purchased a cricut cake, ordered an agbay, and four sugarshack DVD's...Might as well order SPS too.

What awesome cake purchases have you made recently?

13 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:09am
post #2 of 14

Wow!! Those are truly awesome purchases thumbs_up.gif

I just bought the Wilton big cupcake pan........I'm striving for a higher level of awesomeness in 2011!! icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:40am
post #3 of 14

I got two books on South African sugarcraft on eBay. They weren't very expensive, but they are rare. Those of you who know me well on here, know I'm a big fan of old-school - Lambeth, gumpaste flowers without cutters, etc. So I've been perusing the patterns to see what I want to play with, first.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:42am
post #4 of 14

It wasn't this last week, but I recently got my Cake Safe Air Brush Booth, and an Agbay. icon_biggrin.gif (and paid for the classes I wanted to take at The Art of The Cake with Roland and Marsha Winbeckler, and Ruth Rickey!) thumbs_up.gif

diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 6:16am
post #5 of 14

Santa came early....a Cricut mini and an airbrush~

caked4life Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsSuiteCakes

Wow!! Those are truly awesome purchases thumbs_up.gif

I just bought the Wilton big cupcake pan........I'm striving for a higher level of awesomeness in 2011!! icon_biggrin.gif

A higher level of awesomeness.....I LOVE IT icon_biggrin.gif!! That's my goal too!

caked4life Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonds-and-rust

Santa came early....a mini and an airbrush~

I would love to get an airbrush system, but I don't think I'm ready to tackle that right now. Looks trying.

ALVARGA Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 14

Santa came early...A 6Qt professional Kitchenaid in RED icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

caked4life Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVARGA

Santa came early...A 6Qt professional Kitchenaid in RED icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I love mine! Mine is in red also!

neelycharmed Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 14

.. going to take a 3 day class in April with Marina Sousa!!!!
can't wait!!

mbark Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:20pm
post #11 of 14

and who says the economy is in the dumps... lol
good for you guys!

diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:43pm
post #12 of 14

The economy is still in the dumps icon_sad.gif
I was able to purchase my goodies only because of my Dad's very generous b-day gift....of course there may be a slight alterior motive....he knows he will be getting cake icon_smile.gif

The airbrush DOES look quite daunting, but I am a sucker for cake toys! Hopefully with a bit of practice I will be able to produce a cake that looks a step-up from those hideous sheet cake from the grocers icon_smile.gif

Time will tell, I guess icon_smile.gif

bakencake Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:52pm
post #13 of 14

Since I dont have kids and my tree looks a little bare I decided to buy me a cricut. only for the tree's sake you know. I asked Santa for an agbay. icon_biggrin.gif cant wait

diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 6:01pm
post #14 of 14

Hahaha, the tree looks bare....sounds like my style of logic icon_smile.gif

Hopefully you have been nice, not naughty, so you will have that agbay under your tree on xmas morning ...

I'll put in a good word for you with Santa *winky wink*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%