Help!!!!! Home Bakeries W/ Daily Specials?

Business By cakinallday Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 7:28am by cheatize

cakinallday Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 7

I'd really like to get into the cupcake craze.... But I bake from home (mostly sheet, and wedding cakes). I've been to commercial bakeries and I see they have daily specials. How can I do that when I can't have customers come and go, like a regular bakery? I live close to 2 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 high school and a university hospital... I know that people are there but I can't figure how to reach them...... Help?!?! Thanks

6 replies
kansaslaura Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:07am
post #2 of 7

The only way maybe would to have a tray baked and you get out and visit the locations and sell like that--Maybe catch coffee break times.

cakinallday Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:16am
post #3 of 7

That is an excellent idea! Thanks so much!

Crazboutcakes Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:25am
post #4 of 7

I saw your post and I thought of a lady from my home town that kinda took her cupcake busines on the road, I laughed when I saw this but thought, what a wonderful idea and her business is booming. Here's the link... see how funny this is and what are the possibilities....

cakinallday Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:07am
post #5 of 7

I really liked the mobile bakery. I know I want to get my name out before I try to open an official bakery..... Thanks again!

mtaylor Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 3:15am
post #6 of 7

I saw somewhere, the mobile food business tweeted their location.

cheatize Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:28am
post #7 of 7

It seems to me that every day you would have waste product which is money down the drain and cuts into your profit. I also don't think your neighbors would like that much traffic at your house. I can see it now: the cops arriving to investigate a phone call from a neighbor who suspects you are dealing drugs. Not pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%