Cricut Cake

Decorating By KutieKakes Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 12:41am by sugarlover

KutieKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KutieKakes Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 5

Just bought one and am trying to make it work. It just pushes the fondant everywhere and causes it to clump up. I am using Satin Ice. Very disappointing. Can't get anything to cut out right. Also tried gumpaste(homemade) and that didn't work. So is this one of those machines that you have to spend $20 on their stuff or it doesn't work. Not worth it. Satin Ice should work. We've tried putting in the blade differently. It said put in with the arrow forward. There was no arrow. The directions show a metal blade piece....mine is plastic. Anyone dealt with this machine before and have any tips?

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 5

There are probably a hundred threads on here with Cricut advice. Did you try a search?

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 5

Provo Craft suggests super thin fondant pop it in the freezer for about 15-30 min, do your cut, then return to freezer for 15-30 min before removing it. I have one under the tree and I am DYING to use it. Other posts on here suggest gumpaste over fondant. Good Luck!!!

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 12:15am
post #4 of 5

Ok I could not resist and opened it! I want to rewrap it and put it back.... I got a few good cuts in fondant, some ok ones with a 50/50 blend and when I went to straight gum paste (wilton's) GARBAGE! Not a happy camper. I hear there is a MASSIVE learning curve w/this machine so I am not giving up yet! And to think Martha Stewart is taking over the marketing for this machine.... she is about to sink herself!

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 5

i have one and have froze the gumpaste or fondant and it seem to work better. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%