Cricut Cake Mini

Decorating By dessert1st Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm by diamonds-and-rust

dessert1st Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 9

I just saw the Cricut Cake Mini on sale at JoAnn's for $99 through December 24th. The die cutting machine accessories are 40% off, so that should cover the mats and blades! I am so excited. I thought I was going to miss out after having to work on Black Friday.

I don't want to ruin my Pink Expression,,, and I don't think I really need the large size for cakes. Did I think this through enough,,, Does anyone see the real need for the large size Cricut Cake or will I love the Mini?

8 replies
Donnagardner Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 9

I got one for christmas but it is still in the box. I don't think I would need anyhing larger than the mini since all of my cakes are regular sizes. No monster cakes or anything like that for me.

dessert1st Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 9

I purchased the Mini... and I'm thinking it will meet my needs just fine.

Silly me to think that "accessories" would include the mats though, it doesn't. I asked the lady what they consider accessories, and she said she didn't know. icon_confused.gif Oh well, I am happy with the $99 price. I don't think I'll use too many blades just cutting fondant, so no biggie that they don't sell the blades either. Gotta love small town shopping!

diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 9

I saw on another thread that someone purchased those 3/$1.00 plastic cutting mats at the dollar store....they are made of the exact same material as the Cricut mats....she just cuts them down to the appropriate size and voila! super-cheap cutting mats that can be used for your Cricut icon_smile.gif...I am soooo trying this....

diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 9

The mats aren't considered accessories??? If the mats aren't accessories, what the heck is? I think that clerk has a few screws loose....

cakegirl1973 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 9

I hope the $99 price is going on in my area, too. Someone posted that they got their Mini for $99 on Black Friday, so I went to my local JoAnns, it was full price--almost $200. When I asked, the manager told me that JoAnns doesn't have national pricing.

dreamdelights Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 9

I wanted to get the mini and thought the sale was over. I ended up getting the bigger size for 200 at Joann's website. It was free shipping. I hope it is worth it.

dolcebaci Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 5:44am
post #8 of 9

I picked one up on black Friday...I am still giving myself time to play with it.
I was told the large machine came with a great gum paste reciepe...seems they missed that in my box.

Did any one get a copy of it?

diamonds-and-rust Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 9

check out Linda's blog "Creative Designs for Cakes"
Here you will find many tips regarding the Cricut and also the gumpaste recipe that you are looking for

Quote by @%username% on %date%