Cricut Cake Mini

Decorating By dessert1st Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm by diamonds-and-rust

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 9

I just saw the Cricut Cake Mini on sale at JoAnn's for $99 through December 24th. The die cutting machine accessories are 40% off, so that should cover the mats and blades! I am so excited. I thought I was going to miss out after having to work on Black Friday.

I don't want to ruin my Pink Expression,,, and I don't think I really need the large size for cakes. Did I think this through enough,,, Does anyone see the real need for the large size Cricut Cake or will I love the Mini?

8 replies
Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 9

I got one for christmas but it is still in the box. I don't think I would need anyhing larger than the mini since all of my cakes are regular sizes. No monster cakes or anything like that for me.

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 9

I purchased the Mini... and I'm thinking it will meet my needs just fine.

Silly me to think that "accessories" would include the mats though, it doesn't. I asked the lady what they consider accessories, and she said she didn't know. icon_confused.gif Oh well, I am happy with the $99 price. I don't think I'll use too many blades just cutting fondant, so no biggie that they don't sell the blades either. Gotta love small town shopping!

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 9

I saw on another thread that someone purchased those 3/$1.00 plastic cutting mats at the dollar store....they are made of the exact same material as the Cricut mats....she just cuts them down to the appropriate size and voila! super-cheap cutting mats that can be used for your Cricut icon_smile.gif...I am soooo trying this....

diamonds-and-rust Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 9

The mats aren't considered accessories??? If the mats aren't accessories, what the heck is? I think that clerk has a few screws loose....

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 9

I hope the $99 price is going on in my area, too. Someone posted that they got their Mini for $99 on Black Friday, so I went to my local JoAnns, it was full price--almost $200. When I asked, the manager told me that JoAnns doesn't have national pricing.

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 9

I wanted to get the mini and thought the sale was over. I ended up getting the bigger size for 200 at Joann's website. It was free shipping. I hope it is worth it.

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 5:44am
post #8 of 9

I picked one up on black Friday...I am still giving myself time to play with it.
I was told the large machine came with a great gum paste reciepe...seems they missed that in my box.

Did any one get a copy of it?

diamonds-and-rust Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 9

check out Linda's blog "Creative Designs for Cakes"
Here you will find many tips regarding the Cricut and also the gumpaste recipe that you are looking for

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%