How Long In Advance Can I Make Cake Pops?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 8:32pm by msulli10

Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 7

I have a order for 3 dozen cakepos for next weekend.I kinda wanted to get a jump on them and get them out of the way.Is a week too long in advance to make these,coat them and store them in the fridge?

Laurel icon_smile.gif

6 replies
pinkpiggie78 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 7

I was wondering this same thing.

Corrie76 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 7

They are probably going to be just fine in the fridge for a week. I make cake balls for work one time and there was one left that was in a tupperware container in the refrigerator at work...it got lost in the shuffle and was found....I kid you not...4 weeks later. I was like icon_surprised.gif as I watched my co-worker pop it into her mouth tapedshut.gif . She swears, it tasted just fine, as good as the first time around. I monitored her throughout the day and she showed no signs of getting ill from the month old cake ball.
So that being said, I think just a week should be no problem for your cake pops icon_biggrin.gif

cakeaholic_cakery Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 7

I've read that they stay good at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them, although they will probably crack when thawed if you do icon_smile.gif

leily Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 7

i would be somewhat cautious on part of this. I would probably make the cake ball part and then freeze it. Then the day before due i would cover them, less chance of anything happening to the covering in the fridge or freezer this way.

jmo

kdbohm Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 7

I have made them into the balls and kept those frozen. I have also covered them and froze them. No cracking when thawing out. You should be good. Just make sure to get all areas covered or the cake will ooze out of any little hole when thawing!

msulli10 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 7

I've frozen them all decorated with no problem whatsoever.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%