post #1 of 37

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

36 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:40am
post #2 of 37

Hey Leah...I'm workn on my daughters topsy turvy bday cake. Tonight I'm gonna fill, carve and ganache. How r u doing?

kimber59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimber59 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:41am
post #3 of 37

Hello, I am new here is this okay to answer....today was 100 cupcakes for me for a Holiday Show. Plus working on a cake for Sunday and 10 more cupcakes, last minute thing there.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:41am
post #4 of 37

Just finished a Christmas doll cake, and have the weekend free (from cakes anyway). Have 3 cakes next week, and made my very first batch of marshmallow fondant that turned out fantastic.......can't wait to get it on a cake!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:42am
post #5 of 37

So I've been puttering around on the simple cake ALL afternoon. Right now I'm fighting the groom's cake. I've made this cake before - an open book. Should be easy but the bc is not cooperating. I am smoothing it into submission with boiling water. Will get bake to the bride's cake in a bit.

Smokey5266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smokey5266 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:46am
post #6 of 37

drawing up plans for my very first bridal shower cake. It will be a bridal wedding dress cake. I am trying to figure out structure and flavors. I am very excited!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:47am
post #7 of 37

I'm brainstorming ideas for a chocolate mint cake. It's for a guy and my brain goes blank everytime I try to design it.

leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:47am
post #8 of 37

Normita, I'm tired of looking at these cakes. I should have been done hours ago.

This morning I set up a table and a neighborhood gift show. Cookies and candies. It brings in a little holiday $.

Kimber, anyone who is awake on Friday Night is eligible to join FNCC.

leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:48am
post #9 of 37

Smokey, I love doing those dress cakes. Very fun.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:48am
post #10 of 37

Finalizing the design for the baby shower cake I am doing next week.

leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:49am
post #11 of 37

Lurkers, stop lurking. I see you.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:55am
post #12 of 37

Boy it's been a while since I've been on. I'm actually taking December off and focusing on things I want to do. I have a number of cookie ideas I've been wanting to work on and various other chocolate techniques. For the moment I'm sick of cakes! icon_biggrin.gif But that will all change in January when I go back to teaching and such. But in the meantime, it's "let's have some fun without stress" time! icon_lol.gif

Oh yeah, the blog is going well too. I changed servers and I'm having a lot of fun. I've also been invited to be a guest sugar artist for another blogger and we're working together on some cool stuff (molded cookies!) It's a nice break from the norm. icon_biggrin.gif

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:58am
post #13 of 37

I delivered 2 dozen red velvet cupcakes to some very important people today icon_lol.gif I am just starting to come down from it-I stressed over it for a couple of days but they all enjoyed it. All is well now thumbs_up.gif I planned to mix up 4 batches of cookies to freeze in preparation for the holidays but I am off to bed. Happy baking everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 3:59am
post #14 of 37

HI!!

I am making a boatload of forget me not flowers.... I have a castle cake for my friend. It's the baby's 1st birthday.... and I am making a lil smash cake too.

My trouble is that she would like a whipped topping for under the fondant... EHHhh, not sure if any one has any recommendations... as i think i am gonna end up going with a whipped buttercream recipe i found last week.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:05am
post #15 of 37

hey guys! leah caught me! lurker!! LOL i really dont have much going on this wk, on purpose because after all the thanksgiving stuff i was down with my back for several days! but up long enough to do a cupcake bouquet for a cheer team this wk, and the big 12 championship game is tomorrow so have some cupcakes to make, my red velvet OU cupcakes! just 2 dozen not many. started wotrking on my christmas ornaments cupcakes. haveing some issues. do any of u guys know how to make them without making 2 rounds and putting them together?? i really wanted them to BE cupcakes. and cant figure out how to make them. so if u guys know, please clue me!! i know a lot of people are busy but i am pretty slow and liking it!! my tree is up, and decor is getting done, and i actually have a family!!! amazing! LOL

leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:06am
post #16 of 37

Soo, wonderbuns, you using the Spinningleaf molds?

Blu, I use a whipped bc all the time.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:06am
post #17 of 37

I had a zebra b-day cake picked up earlier today and finished an order of 2 dozen cake balls. I also made 4 dozen more cake balls for my DH's co-workers who helped move the 3 door fridge into the new shop on Monday. I don't have any wedding cakes for this weekend but I am opening my shop on Monday. I have been working out of my house for the past 2 years and am super excited to move into my new space. I have my house back. I will have cupcakes, cake truffles, and chocolate covered oreos daily and then will do custom oder cakes and wedding cakes. I had a bunch of people stop by this week while I was organizing asking if I was open yet. Wish me luck.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:08am
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Soo, wonderbuns, you using the Spinningleaf molds?

Blu, I use a whipped bc all the time.

Nope, we're using the House on the Hill and some of the old Brown Bag Cookie Art molds. Now I'm playing with some of the terra cotta cookie molds -- (can you say PITA??) icon_lol.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:22am
post #19 of 37

I am behind on a sweet 16 cake due tomorrow. Had to rebake one of the bottom layers and am stringing beads for the garland while the cake is in the oven. It is going to be a long night...

BlueMoon73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueMoon73 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:23am
post #20 of 37

Hi I have never posted on here but always looking. I have alot coming up in the next few weeks. I am new to all of this an LOVE it!! I am making a hazelnut cake with espresso cream filling for Monday, never made a hazelnut cake before. Have a Barbi cake and cupcakes for next weekend and a wedding cake, the bride asked if I can put snowflakes on teh cake at the last minute. I had no idea how hard it would be to find small snowflake cutters in my area!! Ordering some online for future project but will not be here in time! Everyone have a great weekend!

DanaMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaMae Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:41am
post #21 of 37

Hi Everyone! Making a baby shower cake for tomorrow. Baby bedding is sailboats - client wanted the cake designed as if a child drew a picture of a sailboat. It's turning out very cute. Just have to finish the borders tomorrow and deliver. Hope everyone has a great night!

leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:44am
post #22 of 37

Groom's cake (open book) is done. Page edges gilded, bookmark added, done.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:46am
post #23 of 37

I just finished baking a last minute cake order. I hope that my martini glasses dry by 5 tomorow.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:48am
post #24 of 37

Bluemooncelebration: can you make snowflakes from Royal icing or chocolate?

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:51am
post #25 of 37

Hey guys!

Its been awhile since I have been here! Finished delivering a last minute bday cake a couple of hours ago. Didn't know that the honoree happened to be a celebrity, but we got kudos all the same. My partner and I are exhausted! Calling it a night! Have a great weekend all!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:55am
post #26 of 37

well I'm just checking in nothing going tonight...I'm really new to doing cakes so not busy like you guys yet...hopefully next year ...any ideas?

cakesbyk2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyk2 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:02am
post #27 of 37

I'm getting ready for my nieces quinceanera on Dec. 11 and then my daughter's wedding cake on Dec. 17. Started doing this about 2 years ago to get ready for my nieces quinceanera, not knowing that my daughter would decide the get married at the same time....LOL But I'm really excited.

leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:21am
post #28 of 37

Kitchen is reasonably clean, so I'm off to relax with a book and then sleep. Back at it in the morning. The flowers for the bride's cake will be put on at the venue.

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:22am
post #29 of 37

Working on a belly cake and the damn MMF is being a pain the you know what!!!

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:36am
post #30 of 37

Making gumpaste animals (just the heads, cuz they'll be peaking through foliage) for a jungle-themed baby shower cake. I'm waaaayyy behind. Shoulda started these Wednesday, but was busy with cookies! Lion, zebra and elephant are done. Still have tiger, giraffe, monkey and maybe a hippo left to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%