Marbelling White And Chocolate Using 2 Different Recipes?

Baking By Sweet_Toof Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 4:37pm by sweetmonkeycheese

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 8

I was thinking about trying a marble cake only one is a scratch dark chocolate, the other is a high quality box mix... If I marble the two, would this still turn out? They're slightly different consistencies once baked, the white is a bit lighter in weight

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 2:14am
post #2 of 8

i have marbled scratch and box mixes before without any issues. Typically i like to do all scratch or all mixes, but i have had to mix them before due to the flavor combinations requested and it baked fine.

Sweet_Toof Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 8

cool, thanks for that. I might try a very small one and see how we go!

Sweet_Toof Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 1:02am
post #4 of 8

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me through marbelling cakes that look like this (see attached pic - I'm hoping it attaches, I don't ever have much luck doing so!)

leily Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Toof

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me through marbelling cakes that look like this (see attached pic - I'm hoping it attaches, I don't ever have much luck doing so!)

there's a bug that doesn't allow you to attach pics in the forums right now, can you post a link to it somewhere on the web? (highlight the address bar when you have it open and then past the web address in your reply)

Sweet_Toof Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 2:52am
post #6 of 8

oh bummer... no its actually a file from somewhere so its stored on my computer

basically they're the most vivid gorgeous marbles... theres a heap of diff flavours in the one photo
like say for a choc mint or what ever it is... at least it looks like that... its a great minty green colour marbelled with the choc.... then really nice vivid pinks marbled with white cake...
the baker must have mixed colour in with a white batter and then marbled that with a chocolate batter.. I just wanted to get a similar look
believe it or not ive never marbled

leily Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 8

can you post the picture on a free picture site like google's picassa or flickr? Then you can post a link to it for us to see.

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 8

ohh yea, I wanna see it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%