Red Food Colouring

Decorating By CassiaM Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 1:04am by fondantgirl

CassiaM Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 5

For my ds' second birthday in February, I'm making Elmo cupcakes (he's a huge fan). I've tried the Wilton red before, and it of course was horrendous. I haven't used the no-taste red, but I've heard it's not much better. What about AmeriColor? Does it have a bitter taste as well? I can't buy it here, so I'll have to order online and I don't want to bother if I might not be using it.

TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
still_learning Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 5

I really like the AmeriColor super red. I haven't really noticed a bitter taste but the color is the best red I've found.

leily Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 2:16am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by still_learning

I really like the AmeriColor super red. I haven't really noticed a bitter taste but the color is the best red I've found.

Same here. If you have a hobby lobby near you check there, most of them are carrying americolors now (not all of the colors but about 20-25 different ones) My local one has the super red and black in the large bottles too, not just the little ones.

GermanPie Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:50am
post #4 of 5

The cherry flavored fondant from f*o*n*d*a*r*i*f*i*c* is a nice red for an elmo, today I got my sample which I ordered from there.
Best
GermanPie

fondantgirl Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:04am
post #5 of 5

For buttercream I suggest Americolor super red or red from Chefmaster....I haven't noticed any bitter taste. For fondant I suggest getting red Satin Ice fondant it has no bitter taste and it taste like vanilla icon_smile.gif and it is great to work with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%