Big River Packaging Boxes

Decorating By leily Updated 8 Dec 2010 , 4:57pm by visionsofprisms

leily Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 8

I posted an update on a topic in the business forum but i know not everyone goes in there so thought i'd post an update on the boxes the www.BRPboxshop.com carries.

I placed an order today and noticed that they now are selling ALL of their boxes in qty's of 10!!!! so you don't have to buy the cases of 100 from them. The per piece price is a little higher of course than buying the full case of 100, but if you don't need a lot it's a great deal. I just ordered a specific box for a corporate order i have this month in the qty of 10. It's not a box size i use all the time, but I now dont' have to make do with a box that i have, it will still look good and the box is the same as all my other ones.

Check out this thread over in the business forum for more rave reviews about the company and their product.

(and as melvira starts out in the other thread, i don't work for them, am in no way associated with them, just a VERY happy customer who loves their product!)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-676999-.html

7 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 8

I disagree - That price per piece isn't a little higher, it's a whole lot higher.

If a person needs 30 pieces, it's often almost as much, if not more, than the price for 100 pieces. Smaller quantities are not worth buying there.

I don't doubt that their product is a quality product, and I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service. But I'm an old woman, and worked in retail for a long time. I saw a lot of the smaller quantity price gouging over the years. I know the routine too well. One of my former employers did it all the time.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

metria Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 8

thanks for the update!!! it's nice that they now offer that alternative. still with free shipping!

leily Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I saw a lot of the smaller quantity price gouging over the years. I know the routine too well.

I'm not going to argue about there prices as i don't know their actual cost.

But having been in retail and sales with different companies and different products, of course smaller quantities are going to cost more. For this particular product. Their machines that make the boxes are probably set up to package 100, they have boxes readily available to do this and there is probably minimal actual hands on labor time with the product. Once you start to break that up, your packaging cost go up (few product items to a box), your labor cost go up, you have to handle a qty of 10 at a time instead of 100 at a time. So of course the price for 10 is going to be more per piece than 100.

I do the same thing in my business. I have figured out what my minimum order is. I also have figured out how much someone has to order in order to get a price break from me. I run a monthly cookie special at a great discount, but i set how many cookies and what kind are in a box. Since i'm making alot i can streamline the process and make more money per hour even though i'm selling them cheaper than my normal price.

Maybe you had a bad experience, but just be cause they can be produced for the same amount of money doesn't mean you should get them for the same price when you have a lot more labor involved. It's business, not necessarily price gauging.

And this isn't just for this company, it's for any company i've delt with. Whether it be in the food industry, retail industry, warehousing industry, shipping, etc...

TartletteTreats Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 8

I have nothing but good things to say about BRP. Fast shipping, excellent prices and great customer service.

visionsofprisms Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 8

Their price per 100 is a good price. But I pay 50 dollars for 25 boxes and they want 42 dollars for 10 of the same box. I think I will stick with Uline for my sheet cake boxes.

leily Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionsofprisms

Their price per 100 is a good price. But I pay 50 dollars for 25 boxes and they want 42 dollars for 10 of the same box. I think I will stick with Uline for my sheet cake boxes.

i haven't ordered boxes from uline before, out of curiousity, about how much shipping to you pay per shipment? Thanks!

visionsofprisms Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 8

I don't remember, but it wasn't that much I don't believe. .. It has been a while since i ordered from them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%