What Is The Best Giant Cupcake Tin?

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 1:29am by steplite

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 11:12am
post #1 of 11

I have seen a few items on ebay for giant cupcakes and can't decide whether to buy a mould or a tin such as wiltons giant cupcake tin.

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 11

I have the wilton Dimensions giant cupckae and have used it several times.It is really nice.I have heard the silicone ones are flimsy and not that good.

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 11

Ditto on the silicone pan. A friend of mine bought it and had a horrible time with it.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 11

I just saw Nordicware has one out too, but it is a bit smaller than Wilton's. I have the Wilton one and after a few tries can now get it to bake evenly. But I still think it should've been 2 seperate pans.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 11

I have both the Wilton and the orher one(name escapes me) I like the Wilton Bottom and the other one top so I use them both

MissCakeCrazy Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 11

are the tins and moulds all the same size or is one larger than the other?

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 11

I have Wilton, which I like...but it definitely should have been seperate pans. If you try to cook both halves at the same time the top part will be cooked long before the base part.

Cupcakeavenue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeavenue Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 10:29pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

I have Wilton, which I like...but it definitely should have been seperate pans. If you try to cook both halves at the same time the top part will be cooked long before the base part.

I Also like this one, when using, we use a spray oil before baking

MissCakeCrazy Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 10:56am
post #9 of 11

Can you tell me the dimensions of the wilton pan?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 1:08am
post #10 of 11

I made a giant cupcake with the Wilton Pan recently. It's in my photos. I baked the base separately from the top. I did put a coffee filter in the side not being used. I'd heard about the baking times being different. This worked out fine. Don't have the dimensions, but you can see in my photos what size it is.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 1:29am
post #11 of 11

You'd think Wilton would have checked the pan for baking before selling it to the public. To me that's bad buiness. Why waste money on something that doesn't do what it's supposed too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%