Cupcake Liners

Baking By Sweet_Toof Updated 14 Dec 2010 , 4:02pm by metria

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 9:37am
post #1 of 4

I need to make a large quantity of cupcakes for an engagement party.
I haven't had a lot to do with the nicer paper liners, I've always gotten away with using what ever I had in the house etc.
I just want to make sure I get this right - and so I was wondering, if I were to use paper liners, do people usually bake in a liner, once out of oven and cooled, put a 2nd clean liner around? I've seen some photos of this but I'm not sure how commonly its used, but I like the idea of not having the batter show through.
Also, choosing liners - I am assuming foil ones will bake and stay well... how about those cute little craft ones, how's the best way to go about this?

Also, how much ganache or buttercream (haven't decided which yet) would I need to ice 120 cupcakes generously?

3 replies
Cake_whiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_whiz Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:41am
post #2 of 4

I am not sure about the quantity of icing you would need for icing all of those cupcakes.

But, for the other question....Yes, i have baked in a single liner and then when i take the cupcakes out of the oven, i put the cupcake in another liner. It looks very neat. As for crafty liners, i have used the ones from wilton and they are very good.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 4

Ya know I have been decorating for over 25 years and I STILL don't know how much icing to make for cupcakes...LOL! I always seem to make too much, but more is better than not enough and having to make a new batch! I just store what I have leftover in my cake freezer. My single batch calls for a pound of butter and a pound of Hi-ratio shortening. I have no idea how many cups it produces, but I know I can ice and decorate a half sheet cake with one whole batch and have a bit left over. That is the best I do for you...sorry icon_sad.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 4

hmm ... well, the buttercream recipe I use yields 4-5 cups. Depending on the tip I use, I can typically use up the entire batch on 24 cupcakes. I would guess you'll need 20-25 cups of frosting to frost 120 cuppies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%