S'more Cupcakes

Baking By scratchdog Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 7:01am by cheatize

scratchdog Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:05am
post #1 of 7

Hi, has anyone made s'more cupcakes? if so do you have a recipe that you recommend? It is between those and high tops? Or do you have a better cupcake idea for me? Thanks

6 replies
helsbels Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:22am
post #2 of 7

I use the Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow recipe on the Martha Stewart website. Everyone loves them. icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:22am
post #3 of 7

Have you checked the recipe document in the huge cupcake thread? I think there's one there.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

scratchdog Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:30am
post #4 of 7

I get so lost looking through these threads, where do I go?

cheatize Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 4:58am
post #5 of 7

Here's the link I have bookmarked:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

mar0 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 7

I made Bakerella's and they were a huge hit. Some of the comments say that the recipe created sunken cupcakes, but I didn't have that problem. Also, I broiled the marshmallows that were on top.

cheatize Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 7:01am
post #7 of 7

I just made the ones on Martha Stewart's site. They are delicious! The recipe made 3 dozen in my regular size cupcake pans, instead of 2 dozen. After I filled 2 dozen liners, I had 2 cups of batter left over. I made 2 notes on my paper copy of the recipe:

Needs more graham cracker mixture
Too little chocolate called for

I really only needed 2 dozen so I told hubby and daughter they could eat them. I thought they'd hang around for awhile but one day later there's only one left.

I didn't want to use the frosting they suggested so I found a recipe that uses marshmallow fluff. You cannot put it under the broiler because it melts it right away and you cannot torch it as it barely starts to brown before it melts. If you want to brown/toast the icing, you'll probably have to use the recipe on Martha's site. I picked up marshmallow flavoring today so I'll have it for next time and I'll use that recipe. (Essentially, it's a 7 minute frosting recipe so I doubt it tastes like marshmallows, thus the flavoring purchase today.)

Lastly, don't believe the recipe every time it says, "in a large bowl." This is the second time in the past week I've tried a new recipe and both times the recipe kept saying, "large bowl" when all that is needed is a small one.

There you go; that's my review. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%