Thank You!

Decorating By NanaSandy Updated 4 Dec 2010 , 9:13pm by pinkbutterfly

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 1:25am
post #1 of 17

I am so addicted to this website! I have recently joined CC, and I am amazed at how much I have learned since I joined. I just wanted to say thank you to all the CC members for your amazing advice and tips! I love decorating and do it mainly for friends and family. I am pretty much self taught, and this site gives me so many ideas, that I just want to get in the kitchen and try everything out. My DH is always joking with me that I need to stay off here. But then again, he does enjoy the practice cakes. I now spend as much time on this site as I do on FaceBook. icon_smile.gif So again, THANK YOU for your advice and help.

16 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 3:19am
post #2 of 17

Sandy -

Glad to have you aboard.

Don't hesitate to check the articles section and learn how to use the search option in the forums section. You will find almost everything you need to know about cake decorating/baking, and sugarcraft right here.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 3:37am
post #3 of 17

I'd also like to chime in saying THANK YOU for all the wonderful advice and references given by this site and the members of it. I have grown exponentially as a baker and decorator because of you all.

Thank you, thank you.....THANK YOU icon_biggrin.gif

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 3:54am
post #4 of 17

Ditto. icon_smile.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 4:02am
post #5 of 17

My computer died for the second time in the past 5 months and I went thru major CC withdrawal--AAAGH! I actually ended up cleaning my house and organizing all my cake stuff because I had so much time on my hands.

NanaSandy Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 4:09am
post #6 of 17

too funny. And I can relate to the not cleaning part. icon_smile.gif But on a more serious note, I have had 3 major neck surgeries in the past year, so as a result I have way too much time on my hands! I can't work anymore, so I figured I would start making cakes again. (hadn't really done any decorating in over 1 1/2 yrs.) But with decorating, I can do a little, rest a little, do a little. So it works for me right now.

NanaSandy Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 4:14am
post #7 of 17

@playingwithsugar: Thank you and I will go check it out. I am still learning this website!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 8:59am
post #8 of 17

Sandy, don't be surprised when your husband gets "into" CC, too! Mine will frequently ask, "What's the latest in cake world?" icon_lol.gif On Sunday mornings, while we have our coffee, he reads me the newspaper and I read him CC posts & threads!

It's more contagious than you think! icon_rolleyes.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 12:25pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBrandon

But on a more serious note, I have had 3 major neck surgeries in the past year, so as a result I have way too much time on my hands! I can't work anymore, so I figured I would start making cakes again. (hadn't really done any decorating in over 1 1/2 yrs.) But with decorating, I can do a little, rest a little, do a little. So it works for me right now.

I hear you, Sandy. I was a workaholic in the medical field all my life until I retired early with COPD on disability. I'll have a good stretch, then slow to a grinding halt for a week to a month. I couldn't commit to any volunteer-type activities and was bored out of my skull until I took my first Wilton course in March this year. Yay Wilton! Cake decorating is perfect for anybody that "can do a little, rest a little, do a little". Don't you overdo it because you get enthused about caking again, though! (Giving you my stern, you know what I'm talking about, look)

NanaSandy Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 4:12pm
post #10 of 17

@Apti: thank you for the stern look. icon_smile.gif Yes i do know what you mean. This is the first time in my life I haven't worked, and it was driving me nuts!! It's funny, that is exactly what my DH says! I have 2 cakes lined up this month, and he is worried I will be overdoing it with Christmas, but I can't help myself. He is a blessing though, he does all my fondant rolling and lifting, as I can't.

@Apti: I believe you are right. He already is amazed at some of the cake pics I show him.

I must say though, my DH is amazing. He bought me a KA, knowing I couldn't do the work without it!! What an amazing tool!! I so should have bought one years ago And of course, when I make a run to Hobby Lobby (we live in smallish town, and there isn't any cake decorating supply stores here) he is right there beside me, checking to see what I need and when I debate on something, he just picks it up and throws it in the cart. He always says, your going to use it, so just buy it. thumbs_up.gifking.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 6:01pm
post #11 of 17

untill recently i used to just go from start to finish on my cakes no matter how long it took.. and i'd always forget to stop and eat.. well lately i can't do that anymore mostly cause of the bod wont let me lol... but it helps me to stop- and formulate my plan of attack lol

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 6:59am
post #12 of 17

I spend every lunch break looking at the "most saved photos" on here. Then I spend any left over time browsing through the forums. I love this place!

Frecklysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklysmom Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 7:40am
post #13 of 17

my husband says I should find a "cakes anonymous" group to help me with my addiction to this site. I have learned so much here! Thank you to all of you!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 9:51am
post #14 of 17

Freckly - you'll have to tell your husband that THIS is your cakes anonymous site icon_smile.gif

Its interesting to read about other peeps here who have started a second career with cakes - I also did this when it became impossible health-wise for me to continue with my first career in the medical field.

I find I get busy and have to put CC aside for a little bit. but when I have no cake orders for whatever reason, CC fills in all the empty hours!! LOL, its not like I haven't got backlogs of paperwork and housework to do!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 8:21pm
post #15 of 17

CC is a wonderful site, there are so many really talented people here & everyone is so happy to share their knowledge. I think Jackie & Heath do a great job & I thank them again for giving us this site & also thank you to all the Moderators for the work they do.

God Bless all the husbands for their patience & support.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 8:58pm
post #16 of 17

I love being here at cc too. I too have learned so much since I really got into this website last June.

I love looking at everyone's cakes! They are truly inspirational. We have some really find sugar artists here! We also have some people who are so ready to help!

Thanks CC! Thanks CC friends!

pinkbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbutterfly Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 9:13pm
post #17 of 17

i can relate to all of you. cc is very addicting. i am a wife, mother, kinder teacher, small business owner, girl scout troop leader, catechism teacher, self-taught hobby cake decorator for family and friends. about a month ago, i fell and broke my right elbow (dominate arm) icon_sad.gif . it brought my life to an almost complete halt. i am not working right now and i cant bake cakes icon_cry.gif . cc has helped to keep my spirits up and learn what i can from all of the amazingly talented people who are so willing to share. i have a wonderful husband who has always supported me in my endeavors. two days before my accident, he bought me a cake cricut because he knew i had been wanting one for a long time. now it sits in the box until i can use it. i am between my kids' birthdays and hope to be better enough to make my daughter's cake in jan. i have made every one of theirs as well as all of my nieces and nephews' cakes. thank you to all who give advice and share your experience as well as your expertise. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%