Someone Motivate Me! (Please?)

Lounge By Writecakes Updated 2 Dec 2010 , 8:13pm by Writecakes

Writecakes Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 9

Bah, blah, humbug.
I've looked forward to giving people treats all year, but now the time is here and I can't get motivated. I've had sick kids, no energy and no holiday spirit. Someone please, please send me some motivation? icon_sad.gif

8 replies
ranae5463 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 9

I'm like this every year. Don't do black Friday, haven't started shopping yet, but I listened to some xmas music in the car the other day and the motivation has hit me a little. Give it another day or two and POW! icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

Ambar2 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 9

Well, this is the time of the year that I also look forward to get my baking on. I just love the look on peoples faces when they get my treats, It makes the hard work worth it. Im gonna be making cookies, and maybe caramel popcorn...for my husbands co-workers I promised I would make so treats too, maybe some nice Santa cake many things out there that are perfect for these occasions its hard to decide. But just think about how happy your friends and family will be when they receive your edible gifts! Its nice to receive something from the heart and the time you set out to put all those nice things together will be appreciated Im sure. Cyber Hug for you

playingwithsugar Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 9

Tonight 8 pm

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

is on ABC.

Those shows always get me in the holiday mood. Hope it helps.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Emmar308 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 9

Watch 'Elf' - no matter what time of year i watch that film it gets me in the festive mood!

Classycakes Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 9

I feel your pain!! It happens to me every year this time too. It's so hard to get into Christmas mode. Christmas is a lot of work!!! When I struggle to find the Christmas spirit, I turn on my favourite Christmas music. At first, I feel a little bit silly but as I keep it playing, it does get me moving.

Make a list of things you need to do. Don't worry about the big picture - just take care of one thing at a time. A small task to get you going. One by one, your list will get shorter and shorter.

Keep the music going as you work. Before long, you'll be singing and swaying along with the music and it will all get done.

Happy Holidays!

all4cake Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 9
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Tonight 8 pm

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

is on ABC.

Those shows always get me in the holiday mood. Hope it helps.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

melon_ball Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 9

I have a bake-date with some of my girlfriends. Baking and a few drinks. It'll help us all get in the spirit, it cuts down on the work and it'll be a heck-of-alot more fun that doing it all alone!

Writecakes Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all so very much! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%