Am I Overreacting? (Offensive Boss Content)

Lounge By himmlisch Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 2:48pm by himmlisch

himmlisch Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:43am
post #1 of 8

Today my boss said one of the most offensive things ever. We had a meeting with a client who called his staff and threatened that he was going to "shoot her in the head" and then when she actually went to work anyway, he repeatedly hit her in the face. After the meeting was over where we said he was never to touch or threaten staff again, my boss beams and emphatically states, "I really like him!"

In what world could you "really like" a man who hits and threatens your staff/a woman???

I turn and say, "WHY?",

And he looked shocked at me and said, "I guess I just look for the positives in people".

How absolutely repulsive.

7 replies
dldbrou Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:14am
post #2 of 8

I am confused, the client called his staff in front of you and hit an employee in the face over and over and threatened her in front of you? Then your boss said he like this loser.

Why did someone not call the police and report this? Do you not realize how the worker felt that everyone watched her being beaten and nobody did anything to help?

The rudeness of your boss is nothing compared to what happened to the employee. I would tell your boss, that a bully is nothing to be proud of and he is a sick SOB. Call the police please and report the incident. There are enough witnesses to support the employee, just do the right thing.

I have zero tolerance for bullies and I will gladly let the police handle them.

cheatize Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 8

Report your boss.

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 4:40am
post #4 of 8

Do you work for a lawyer? Was he defending the man who hit his employee?

MollyGirl_17 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 10:55am
post #5 of 8

I'm confused too, but either way I don't think you're overreacting. The man who threatened/hit the employee needs arrested and your boss needs to have a complaint filed against him w/ upper management. There is no place for comments like that in a work environment.

Kimmers971 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 8

What is there to think about - you call the police NOW (although it should've been done when the incident occurred).

cakesbycathy Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 8

You actually witnessed an assault and did not call the police???? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Where the hell do you work?

himmlisch Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 8

The employee did call the police. She chose not to press charges. The meeting was held 4 days after the fact. She was working in his home, not in our office. And no, he's not a lawyer, just an ass.

Quote by @%username% on %date%