Cake Safe Sale

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 2 May 2011 , 12:34pm by springlakecake

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:06am
post #31 of 44

alleykat - call and talk to Scott, he will help you decide which one will work the best for you! You won't regret getting it one bit.

I use my spray booth all the time now too, it saves me a TON of work, anyone who owns an airbrush needs to have one of them! NO OVERSPRAY at all!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:11am
post #32 of 44

I will thanks and the spray booth is on my list too!

SSGirly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SSGirly Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 12:44am
post #33 of 44

What's the final cost on these babies... ie: how much is shipping, and any other extra fees associated with it? say for a small/tall at $400. Anyone have any idea?

Loucinda Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 6:20am
post #34 of 44

Send Scott an email, he will answer you with exact pricing, no guessing.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 7:30pm
post #35 of 44

I am nearly sold on this product! I woke up last night suddenly in a panic about some wedding cakes that I'll have to transport 2 or 3 hours away! I think the cake safe might be the way to go. The only thing that really concerns me is if with a 4 tier cake plus the box, is it too heavy to handle for one person? I have always delivered cakes by myself and I worry I wont be able to lift and carry it.

Also does anyone still use an additional central dowel to keep everything in place? Meaning while it's not in the box? I would still feel safer having a dowel in the center...is it possibly by off setting it?

Loucinda Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 10:07pm
post #36 of 44

No, you don't use a dowel in the center when you use the cakesafe - it is only used for the transport - once you have delivered it, the center dowel isn't needed.

If you can lift the assembled cake by yourself, you would be able to lift the cake safe and cake too. I prefer to have help when lifting the big ones.

springlakecake Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 1:25pm
post #37 of 44

thanks! But no one feels like once they remove the central dowel from the cake, then have to move it into place on the table or whatever that they feel a desire to have a dowel in it?

Loucinda Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 4:38am
post #38 of 44

I am usually very close or on the table where the cake will set, so no, it has never bothered me not having that center dowel in it when setting it in it's final spot. (sorry it has taken so long to answer this, I didn't know you had posted!) They really are so nice to have.

springlakecake Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 1:33pm
post #39 of 44

thank you! i was thinking I guess I could always remove the dowel and insert one in it's place if I was worried. Do you think that is an option?

springlakecake Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 1:34pm
post #40 of 44

thank you! i was thinking I guess I could always remove the dowel and insert one in it's place if I was worried. Do you think that is an option?

Loucinda Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 11:55pm
post #41 of 44

Yes, you could, but I never have. Once the cake is set, it is never moved, and moving is the only reason for using the center dowel.

springlakecake Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 12:00pm
post #42 of 44

what size do you have?

Loucinda Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:46am
post #43 of 44

I have one of the smaller ones. When my business allows, I will have a couple more of the larger ones. They're invaluable.

springlakecake Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:34pm
post #44 of 44

i ordered my cake safe last week and got 10% off!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%