Send Me Pictures Of Your Stand Mixer For Size!!!

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 2 Dec 2010 , 12:49am by mommynana

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking at all these stand mixers on the market, but just had the thought, "where will I put it!?!?!?!?" Please send me pictures of your stand mixers in your kitchens or where ever they sit and what size you have so I can get an idea of the size I want/need and how I will store it icon_smile.gif Thanks yall!!

7 replies
Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 8

I have two mixers, one is a Kenwood that is on the floor of my pantry closet. The other/newer one is my Kitchenaid with the bowl that lifts up, it's too big to stay on my small counter, so it's on the floor of my kitchen.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 8

The Kitchenaid weighs like 30 lbs, so it sits permanently on my kitchen counter. I've lived in four places since I bought it and at all of them there was enough space between the countertop and the cabinets above for it to fit. It's the tilt-head model.

Besides, I wanted it forever, so it would be a shame to jam it in a cupboard somewhere.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 8

You are better off asking for measurements for the actual mixers than for pictures, since I assume every kitchen is different.

Here's a few I got from Amazon. All I know is that the Kitchen Aids are taller.

Cuisinart 5.5 quart
    800-watt stand mixer housed in durable die-cast metal
    12 speeds; 5-1/2-quart stainless-steel bowl; slow-start and gentle-fold functions
    15-minute countdown timer; 3 power outlets; auto shutoff; tilt-back head
    Chef's whisk, flat mixing paddle, dough hook, and splashguard included
    Measures 15-1/2 by 10 by 12-1/2 inches; 3-year warranty; 5-year motor warranty

Cuisinart 7 quart
    1,000-watt stand mixer housed in durable die-cast metal
    12 speeds; 7-quart stainless-steel bowl; slow-start and gentle-fold functions
    15-minute countdown timer; 3 power outlets; auto shutoff; tilt-back head
    Chef's whisk, flat mixing paddle, dough hook, and splashguard included
    Measures 15-1/2 by 11 by 14-1/2 inches; 3-year warranty; 5-year motor warranty

Kitchen Aid Artisan 5 quart
    325-watt mixer with 10 speeds; 5-quart stainless steel bowl
    Tilt-back head for easy access to mixture
    2-piece pouring shield with large chute for adding ingredients
    Includes flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip
    Measures 14 by 8-2/3 inches by 14 inches; 1-year warranty

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:20am
post #5 of 8

ahh, good point imagenthatnj, I am just a very visual person so it felt natural to just ask for pictures lol! Didn't think about different construction of different kitchens icon_razz.gif! I am not able to find a store that carries the larger mixers in stock, you have to order online, so I do not know how much larger they are!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:25am
post #6 of 8

I have a 6q Kitchen Aid that sits on my counter, besides the 4.5q. The 6q KA would not fit on my mom's counter under her cabinets, but I happen to have more space between mine. So I'm not sure if visual pictures will give you the information you are looking for. The best thing is to measure the space you have to put a mixer and see if the one you want will fit in it.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:40am
post #7 of 8

You need 15 inches between your board and cabinets. That's not including the space you'll need when the head is up/tilted.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:49am
post #8 of 8

i got a 5.5 QT i used to take mine out of the box eveytime i needed it then put it back in the box, then it got to heavy for that so i just left it on my counter but the one i got the head dont lift u got to take the beaters out so i dont have to worry about the counter space above it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%