Customer Wants Cheesecake What To Charge?? Any Ideas?

Decorating By jsc2010 Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 6:01am by scp1127

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 6:39pm
post #31 of 36

There is an awesome recipe on food . com for New York Cheesecake with Shortbread crust. Made it for Thanksgiving. Served 16 very well. It uses 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese, a stick of butter, and 7 eggs. That right there will cost you between $10 - $15. And when cream cheese is the star, I won't use off brands, only Philly.

The recipe is great, but it would have to retail for $45 - $55, unless you buy cream cheese in bulk and can reduce the cost.

Fifteen bucks for a cheesecake is only reasonable if you are staring a a freezer in the grocery store.

An 8" Junior's cheesecake, half the size of the recipe above, start at $33 and that is without shipping.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 8:01pm
post #32 of 36

[quote="scp1127"]kmemphis8, don't open the door for the first half hour to prevent the cake from falling or cracking is what I meant. Not those recipes that call for the turned off oven in the end.[/quote

Oh for sure, I gotach. No no no--I was tossing that in for good measure--not a reference to you or anything. Just thought I'd put that out there because so many people don't handle cream cheese products properly. And the stomach that's saved could be my own!!! icon_lol.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:00am
post #33 of 36

kmemphis8, I have never tried one of those that rest in the turned off oven. I think Alton Brown has one of those recipes. But you bring up a good point about their internal temp. I would like to say that I really appreciate your bits of info thrown into your posts. You must like the science like I do, and you have obviously been baking professionally longer than I have... I've baked since childhood, but my business is new.

scp1127 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 10:29am
post #34 of 36

And I just realized, it is k8memphis!!! Sorry.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 2:53pm
post #35 of 36

Well Thank you SCP. I kinda like my nickname Kmemphis8 too icon_lol.gif

But I've probably done everything wrong at least once so that helps one figure out a better way--so I appreciate you noticing the tidbits & particles I set out there. It's gotta be good for something!!! icon_lol.gif

scp1127 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 6:01am
post #36 of 36

Well kmemphis8!!! I figure that everything I learn on here saves me a ton of money because someone has already done it wrong and figured it out. I am old enough to know that I don't need to make my own mistakes... I can learn from someone who knows more than I do on the subject.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%