Edible Image Printing In Nova

Decorating By Joshua_Alan Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 10:04pm by dchockeyguy

Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:08am
post #1 of 18

Anyone around here in NoVa know where I can get some edible images printed off? I know some people have mentioned Walmart and local grocery stores, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a specific place.

Thanks!

17 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 18

You're in NoVa? why aren't you coming to Casanova meetings then? We'd love to have you.

I have had them printed off at two places. The Giant in Kingstowne did it for me. Also, Chantel's Bakery, which is in Sterling, will do it for you as well.

Joshua_Alan Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 18

I am indeed. I don't know anything about them, can you send me the info? I'd definitely love to come! Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

dchockeyguy Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 18

www.cakeclub.com. The website is terrible and needs an overhaul to make it look 21st century instead of 1990's. Some day I'll get around to it.

We meet the 3rd Wed of the month near Shirlington (which is off 395) at 7 pm. We do a little bit of business, then we usually have a demo from someone. Last month we had Burton Farnsworth (www.cakefx.com) gave our last demo, and I think Zane Beg came and did the month before that. I tend to miss a fair amount of meetings due to my full-time job, but I'm hoping this new job I took will allow me to make them more frequently.

Also, are you familiar with our cake show? www.cakeshow.org is the address. I'm currently working on getting the classes online so people can start registering.

Joshua_Alan Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 18

Good deal. I'll have to try and make a meeting and see what it's all about!

dchockeyguy Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 18

I should have mentioned we don't meet in Dec. We have a Christmas party instead. we also don't have a meeting in August. We have a cook-out at Norm Davis' house instead.

Joshua_Alan Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 18

Cool cool. I'll probably shoot for the January meeting then.

vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 18

Great info.. I'm in NoVa and had no idea about the "group" - Would you mind if I entertained the idea .. ...

Thanks -

Vicki

dchockeyguy Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 18

The more the merrier! I should shortly be updating the schedule for next year's meetings.

Msjckson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Msjckson Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 18

Wow.. I had no idea there was a club in this area. I looked on Meetup a few weeks ago and didn't find anything. I would be interested in attending your metings as well.

dchockeyguy Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:48pm
post #11 of 18

Well, I hope we see you there in Jan as well! We should be meeting on the 19th of Jan.

cakesbykeka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykeka Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm
post #12 of 18

the cake club is very nice.. I just started going to the meeting last year and had a lot of fun at our dinner!
all of you should stop by and check it out !

Keka

pezadoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pezadoodle Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:12pm
post #13 of 18

oh how fun! i am in purcellville so it might be far to drive - not sure where that is - but i will check it out...

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:45pm
post #14 of 18

I can't wait to join!!! Just need my baby to get a little bit older and unattached from me icon_smile.gif

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:40pm
post #15 of 18

I tried sending an email to CASANOVA thru the site and it came back undeliverable. Wanted to get more info. Do we just show up for the meeting? Whats involved to become a member, dues? I'm hoping to make this months meeting. How long do they typically last?

dchockeyguy Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:51pm
post #16 of 18

Hi, I can answer some of your questions. There are annual dues, which we usually pay in Jan (But if you join later, they are pro-rated). I forget how much it is right now, but it's pretty darn affordable. Also, we ask for a $3 donation for any of the demos you attend to help pay the demonstrators for their time and materials. Some of our meetings are hands on, and some are just demonstrations. It all depends on the topic.

Yes, you can just show up. The directions are on the website, and I can always help you find the place.

We meet the 3rd Wed of the month, expect for august, when we have a cookout on a Sunday, and in Dec when we have a holiday party. Our demonstrations cover a variety of topics.

I'm working on getting the site updated, but my computer died that had the passwords to the site on it. icon_sad.gif So right now, the dates are a little out of date, and I want to do a total re-design of the site as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope all of you who read this thread will make it to the meeting. We'd love to start the year with a bunch of new members.

cakesbykeka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykeka Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:54pm
post #17 of 18

so just to confirm, next meet Jan 19th, right!?

dchockeyguy Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 10:04pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbykeka

so just to confirm, next meet Jan 19th, right!?

That's correct!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%