Fondant Cake With Cricut Cake

Decorating By Olenmetra Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 9:43pm by Olenmetra

Olenmetra Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a 3-tier square birthday cake. white fondant with black fondant cutouts (I FINALLY GET TO USE MY CRICUT CAKE....YEAH!!!). The top and bottom tier will be quilted with rhinestones at the points. Can someone show me some really easy instructions on how to do the quilting. Videos will be great. I am also trying to find some great picts of designs made by the Cricut Cake...i just see the same few picts over and over).

3 replies
cakestars Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 4

i bought a diamond impression mat and it's so easy to use! also, i have a cake made with my cricut in my photos. it's a dinosaur cake so probably nothing like the one you're working on! have fun icon_smile.gif

rharris524 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:19am
post #3 of 4

My local cake store didn't have the impression mat and the three diamond imprint thingy (I have no idea the correct term...maybe someone can help me out here. It looks like three cookie cutters welded together with a handle) was like 30 dollars and it was for a gift cake so I just couldn't justify the cost. So, I used my square cookie cutter turned on it's side like a diamond and it gently pushed it into the fondant to print it and then at each corner, I used a tool like the second from the left Image to make a dent and put in a candy pearl. It was surprisingly easy

Olenmetra Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 4

THANKS rharris524, I didn't think about using a square cookie cutter on it's side (LOL).

Let's see if I'll have any luck finding one in the store. If not, I'll find some kind of square object to use. You know, I saw on cake show, someone was using the long side of a triangle ruler thingy. I guess I'll be shopping in the school supply department.

I will post the cake on Monday...look out for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%