Aztek 4709 Airbrush ???

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 2:40pm by babycakes73

babycakes73 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 5

I know there are a few forums going on already but I am thinking about getting the Aztek 4709 airbrush from Bear Air for 118.00.
But I was windering what compressor to get. I read so much info I am going cross eyed.
Bear Air has a mini blue one but not sure if this one is good.
Its max psi is 40 but does not say if it is a dual or single action (i have know idea wht that means anyways, just read that a dual was better) any info would be grealty appreciated.
Hubby said he would buy for Christmas but I gotta do the research.
Thanks for any info.

4 replies
leily Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

I have that airbrush and love it!

I can't help with that specific compressor but i got the :Aztek A7778 Airbrushing System with Airbrush-Depot Model TC-20" from tcpglobal and haven't had any issues. They have multiple compressors now, so depending on what your plans are for usage maybe they have a smaller one that will work for you.

BlakesCakes Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 1:55am
post #3 of 5

I have the Aztek and I love it. It works as a single or double action airbrush (this refers to how the airbrush controls the flow of air and paint). The compressor has nothing to do with single or double action.

I have a variable PSI compressor with a moisture trap. Similar to this model:

I find that the 2 work well together.

tiggy2 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:14am
post #4 of 5

I also have the aztek and love it. I agree you need a compressor with adjustable pressure and moisture trap. 30 psi is the max you want for cakes.

babycakes73 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the info espeacially about the compressor being the dual action part, now I know and will do more research.
By the way just wondering is 118 dollars a fair price for the aztek 4709 and does anyone know wht a decent price for the compressor is. I saw the price at the websites you all showed but was wondering if that was a good deal or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%